Question of the Day, Friday, October 19

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning!

Today's question is simple (and I'm nosey).......I like to ask this question from time to time because I like knowing what you're all up to!

What are your plans for this weekend?

We're going up to the granite fabricator today to look at some new granite slabs that just came in (we have until the templating date to finalize the granite slab we want and Rick is taking advantage of the time to try to talk me into something other than the Patagonia slabs...he really doesn't like it). Then it's just a working weekend, to sand drywall down and do the final painting for the kitchen. My sister is coming over on Sunday to do the final coat. (I'm buying a case of Coors Light, two large pizzas...her choice of toppings, and a dozen doughnuts. I will still owe her a Chinese dinner, but that will come later.) If you're not busy, c'mon over and help paint!!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I'd love to paint, if I wasn't so far!!

Tomorrow I have work 2-7.. but before that I NEED to do laundry, haven't done that in nearly 2 weeks and I am almost out of unmentionables!

Sunday I actually have off for a nice change, and I plan on doing fall wardrobe shopping! I have nothing in between summer and winter clothes!

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Emptying and cleaning my packed-to-the-rafters garage so l can park in there over the winter. There's nothing worse than having to scrape ice and snow off the car at 5:30am to get to work! That'll take me most of the weekend.

Also, going to a local Bark & Fitz for the first time. Apparently they sell Carnivora.

Re-laying the ground floor family room carpet so the cats can start using that floor again. They've been contained on the top two floors since we got the kitten in August.

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow we 're getting new living room furniture, two desks, two chairs and hopefully, if it fits, a coffee table. We 're just planning on staying home tomorrow and enjoy the furniture. Sunday I read at Church and after that we may go out to lunch and go grocery shopping, not sure about that.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow is my baby shower. 
 I will hopefully get the last of the baby stuff I need before she comes home. Then I will be spending the rest of the day at the hospital. 

Sunday, I am going to the National Women's Show in Toronto. It's a big show full of shopping and free samples. Last year, I filled my kitchen table full of free stuff that I got at the show. I won 4 tickets and my mom won 2 tickets so we are all carpooling and my husband is driving (since we have a van). I bring my husband for twice the amount of free stuff. 
 He comes to this with me and I go to the big car show with him. 

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Going to dinner Sunday at one of my husband's co-worker's house, partly to see her newest baby so we'll need to pick up a gift. No plans yet for Saturday but tonight, unless it's pouring rain, we are taking our daughter and her friends to a haunted house / corn maze / hay ride Halloween thing - they have these events in the farms around here. We aren't sticking around this year, thank goodness they are now old enough to go by themselves for a couple of hours and we don't have to go in and wait around in the cold.

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're going up to the granite fabricator today to look at some new granite slabs that just came in (we have until the templating date to finalize the granite slab we want and Rick is taking advantage of the time to try to talk me into something other than the Patagonia slabs...he really doesn't like it). Then it's just a working weekend, to sand drywall down and do the final painting for the kitchen. My sister is coming over on Sunday to do the final coat. (I'm buying a case of Coors Light, two large pizzas...her choice of toppings, and a dozen doughnuts. I will still owe her a Chinese dinner, but that will come later.) If you're not busy, c'mon over and help paint!!
:lol3: OMG - WHAT TIME FOR THE PIZZA, BEER and DONUTS!!!!!!!!!!! forget the work :anon:, I want to come for the nums nums... :lol3:

We honestly do NOT have any plans this weekend and I am thrilled about that. Larry flies home late afternoon today. I will pick him up from the airport and from there we will go to probably Uno's pizza :clap::clap::clap::clap: and BEER!!!! :lol2: Saturday we might go to Carson's because we have that Fifty dollar coupon. You buy one hundred dollars worth of stuff and get it for fifty. :bigthumb: YELLOW DOT RACKS............... HERE I COME................ :dash:

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hopefully we will be heading down to the outlets.  I need to return some things I got for the kids at the Oshkosh and Carter's outlets.  I went a little overboard... 
  It's just so easy to do!!  Plus DD needs shoes and the Stride Rite outlet is right near the others.  And I earned some credits with my overboard shopping that'll go towards things for the nieces and nephews for Christmas.  Yes; I'm the Aunt who gives clothes!  Usually a small toy and a shirt or outfit...  I'm not completely dull! 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's Saturday morning and we're still not sure. WE were hoping today would be a big day of yard work, but the weather isn't cooperating. I think today will be some cleaning around the house.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We drove 5 hours to Greensboro, NC to spend the night Friday before going to a Truck Jam at Piedmont Dragway. Put our truck on the dyno, it blew the radiator cap off! Found we are leaking boost. Watched drag racing, sled pulling, and grudge truck pulling (hooking hitches together and seeing who can pull the other one). Decided to spend the night in Charlotte instead of driving all the way home Saturday. Spent Sunday working a little bit on the truck.

Was a fun weekend though :)