Question of the Day, Friday, October 15

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

Mollipop and I play a little game in the morning; I think she and Rick actually started it, but well, you know cats. Once they've started doing something, they expect everybody to play along. After Rick finishes unloading the dishwasher, he grabs a few kibble and tosses them, one at a time, across the kitchen floor. Molli jumps on them and gobbles them down. She started hanging out in the cat tree in the kitchen, waiting for me to finish the dishes. I didn't know why. I asked Rick and he told me about their game. Well, since I know now, I do the same thing. She bats at the kibble, chases it down, and then grabs it and eats it. She's the only one who will play. Evidently, the others feel that it's too much work to chase the kibble down. Muffin will look at it, then look at me, and say, "Seriously? I don't chase kibble! You bring it to me!"

What little games do you play with your furkids? Do you have toys that you play with them? What about the little red laser light? How do you play with your kids?

We do have the laser light and Tabby has sworn to kill the red dot. She stalks and preys for a good hour with the light, yelling the whole time. The other girls will play, too, but they're not as steadfast as Tabby is.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have that round cat toy with a ball that goes around on an outside track. We lay a folded newspaper over half of it to make it more challenging, and then push the ball so it goes really fast around the track, appearing out from under the paper. Yammy thinks it's great! He sits in front of it and stares at us until we play. he plays it by himself several times a day too, I always smile when I hear the ball going in the middle of the night. The other cats lay near it, staring, like what's the big deal about?

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I shoot springs throughout the house and Boone and Gracie chase them. I also have two wand toys that they like to grab so we play tug of war with them. When I am in bed under the covers, I will move my hands and feet and they will pounce on them. They look at me more as someone to love on them than someone to play with. My youngest is pretty much the one who plays with them daily.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Nilah is a Da Bird girl. Sundar is very, very lazy. He loves Da Bird, but only if I dangle it over him while he lies on his back and swats it. :rolleyes2:

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blue being a Bengal has to be played with a few hours everyday or else you end up with a tyrant on your hands.
Games start in bed in the morning chasing hands and feet under the blankets then its a race to get to the bathroom first ( yes..he goes when i go ) and the zoomies start and I open the door and he gallops back and forwards along the veranda.
Comes inside and its chasing shoelaces and balls. When he has burnt of some energy he gets breakfast.
Get home from work and its zoomies, play with balls and shoelaces, sometimes a wrestling match, we go for a walk and then fed dinner and sleep time until about 8.00pm and its play time on and off until bedtime for me.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do wand toys with Lelia once a day. She prefers the cat catcher, but the wire is frayed and I haven't bought a new one yet, so she's stuck with da bird and the cat dancer for now.

She used to go crazy over the red dot. She still loves chasing shadows and lights reflected from phones or my rings, so I should probably invest in a new one. I'm pretty sure our laser pointer stopped working and I think we threw it out.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to do that for RB kitty Swanie with the kibble, he loved chasing it and eating it. None of my other cats, past or present, want anything to do with that game. They are way to spoiled and want it put right in front of wherever they happen to be.

Cricket likes me to follow her around where she leads and just hang out while she explores, or we have a "pet and purr" session (I pet, she purrs).

Austin loves the wand toy (feather bird on the end) and chases it around. Cricket watches, and sometimes bats at it, but not as energetically as she used to when she was younger.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my mornings always start with walking back and forth in my apartment playing fetch(i am the fetcher graycie the chaser of her toys):lol:then around the time gf wakes up we both go into the bedroom:lol:i like to watch gf (its cute she does stuff like an infant)as she wakes up and pet her on the head:flail:graycie will sometimes step on her and sniff her face before going to the window to look outside then follow me back out to run me around some more

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Willow doesn’t exactly play with me, except to leap on the sheets when I make the bed but I do stuff toys down the sides of the couch cushions so that she can dig down and “ hunt” them. I also set out her favorite toys, golf balls and springs, for her to play with during the night.

I haven’t quite figured out what or how Lola likes to play.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bandit is a fan of the red dot, so much so that the moment the drawer opens he appears. He also likes to play fetch. Patches like to wrestler kickers. And likes me to throw his toys for him but won't fetch them back, he sits next to them waiting for me to get them.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't really been able to play with my cats since I got my dog because my dog is a jerk. Flora likes playing with stick toys so I try to play with her with one of those when I can. All of the cats, and even the dog, like laser pointers, but I haven't used it that much.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When Mooch was younger she was NUTS about milk rings. She will still perk up a bit at them but she doesn't chase them anymore. Our old house had a garden tub and there was a small counter ledge at one side you could reach from the commode. (Sorry if that's TMI...) So back then she would follow us into the bathroom and we would flick the milk rings into the tub and she'd chase them around and around until she was ready for us to flick another one in. It was a very noisy game! :lol: She would play with mylar balls in there too; but milk rings were her favorite. That's the ONLY thing I miss about that house!

She also loved chasing the beam of a flashlight on the floor. She'd chase it in circles and all over the place. For some reason she liked that more than the laser pointer. She also loved to fetch mice. Often I would look down to find her sitting with a mouse or a milk ring and wanting to play fetch.

She was/is afraid of bubbles though. :lol: Noodles liked the catnip bubbles but Mooch would hide when I got them out. :lol:

noani

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a bit of a weirdo. He won't play with feather toys if they're attached to the fishing pole toy. If I remove them from it and throw them on the floor, he'll go after it.
Little stuffed animals however he will only play with if I put them on the fishing pole hook and drag around. He goes crazy about them then.
And he only likes the mice that make the rattle sound.

I always joke that I go to bed alone or with kitty on my legs, but I always wake up surrounded by at least 8 animals. He'll bring all the little stuffed animals and mice into bed around me and I'm a very sound sleeper :flail:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Da Bird is the big toy around here. Chiquita especially expects to be played with after she has had her breakfast, and after she has been cuddled which she alerts me to by rubbing against my legs. She then jumps up on the table and sits and waits for Da Bird which is kept on a bookcase nearby. The signal is that she jumps on the table, so during the day she will push the envelope by jumping on the table from time to time and waiting hopefully. Jamie likes it as well, but he wants me to bring it to his cat tree where he can contort himself around the tree as he chases it. This generation of cats has no idea what a laser pointer is for and the only time I ever tried to use it they looked at me as if I had lost my mind.

The game Lily plays with me is that if I sit down, she wants to be on my lap. Everywhere. All the time.

Jamie wants treats at certain times of the day. He has trained my husband to respond to his little squawk that means that he needs them now and knows that he will get them.

noani

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Da Bird is the big toy around here. Chiquita especially expects to be played with after she has had her breakfast, and after she has been cuddled which she alerts me to by rubbing against my legs. She then jumps up on the table and sits and waits for Da Bird which is kept on a bookcase nearby. The signal is that she jumps on the table, so during the day she will push the envelope by jumping on the table from time to time and waiting hopefully. Jamie likes it as well, but he wants me to bring it to his cat tree where he can contort himself around the tree as he chases it. This generation of cats has no idea what a laser pointer is for and the only time I ever tried to use it they looked at me as if I had lost my mind.

The game Lily plays with me is that if I sit down, she wants to be on my lap. Everywhere. All the time.

Jamie wants treats at certain times of the day. He has trained my husband to respond to his little squawk that means that he needs them now and knows that he will get them.
My partner has been similarly trained. As soon as he's in the door, Charly greets him and then runs and sits in front of the cabinet where his treats are kept. If he isn't obeyed fast enough, he will meow in disdain.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My partner has been similarly trained. As soon as he's in the door, Charly greets him and then runs and sits in front of the cabinet where his treats are kept. If he isn't obeyed fast enough, he will meow in disdain.
:lol:how much of a part did you play in the training?:lol:i always tell my gf "you gotta pet her or give her a treat graycie is talking to you"