Question of the Day, Friday, November 27

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

One of the tasks that I used to enjoy was doing the Christmas cards the weekend after Thanksgiving. It was always a lot of fun to sit at the table, write the cards out, and take them down to the post office. I quit doing cards a few years ago. I don't know why, just said, "I'm not doing it anymore". But I've been thinking about starting it back up again; maybe it's because of the virus, but I want to try to let people know that we're thinking of them.

Do you send out Christmas cards? How many cards do you mail out? A lot or a few?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually send out 12 cards. Mostly to family.
I cut down quite a bit. I really do not get many in return. Weird.

I have been sending out more e-cards through out the year.

This is a strange year... do not know how things will go, but it seems to be a tradition. Thinking that I may just do away with cards— eventually; perhaps next year.

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I will send out Christmas cards this year. Maybe around 6 or so.
I usually do every year, but I didn’t last year.
I worked too much - I was working out of town with lots of over time, lots of late nights at the office and not too many days off. This year is different and I should have them out like normal. I have a bit more time now. :)

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise

One of the tasks that I used to enjoy was doing the Christmas cards the weekend after Thanksgiving. It was always a lot of fun to sit at the table, write the cards out, and take them down to the post office. I quit doing cards a few years ago. I don't know why, just said, "I'm not doing it anymore". But I've been thinking about starting it back up again; maybe it's because of the virus, but I want to try to let people know that we're thinking of them.

Do you send out Christmas cards? How many cards do you mail out? A lot or a few?
Much like yourself I loved sending cards out. I have such fond memories of my mom hanging all the beautiful cards in our home. I used to send out about 20. Last year I sent out 3 to very special persons. I’m just short on time anymore especially this year so I will probably only send out a few again. I’m seriously considering just sending Merry Christmas emails ( tacky I know)

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We send Yule/Solstice cards every year. Since we are not very social people, we only send 15-17, most of which goes to family members who we like but do not get to see often. This year, it is 17 because both our children live on their own. It does not matter that they live less than five minutes away: They are getting Yule cards.

I have never seen a Yule or Solstice card in the store, so I order from Zazzle. This year, I also ordered from a place called Pure Art out of Canada. For the last few years, I have been trying to get a box of these cards they make based on a book series they have. Unfortunately, they have been unavailable or sold out each time. This year, I got lucky! It was after I placed my Zazzle order, though.

We do not get many cards. Last year, we got two.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Much like yourself I loved sending cards out. I have such fond memories of my mom hanging all the beautiful cards in our home. I used to send out about 20. Last year I sent out 3 to very special persons. I’m just short on time anymore especially this year so I will probably only send out a few again. I’m seriously considering just sending Merry Christmas emails ( tacky I know)
We always hang up the cards we receive, too, as part of our holiday decorations. So colorful. But each year there are fewer, as card-writing becomes more passé.

I usually send out a lot, around 50, to extended family, friends, and clients. I get some printed in a sort of year-in-review collage with photos of where we've been/things we've done during the year. I don't know if I have enough things to fill up a collage this year, though! :lol2:

I usually have them ordered before now, so I'll have to decide this weekend what I'm going to do this year. :dunno:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, we have never celebrated since I was 5 years old and I don't celebrate out of habit. I would probably send a virtual one anyway, I don't use paper much anymore.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We always hang up the cards we receive, too, as part of our holiday decorations. So colorful. But each year there are fewer, as card-writing becomes more passé.
:yeah: The same is true for us. I always hang the cards up or display them on a bench in the front hallway. Although I get less cards than in years past I do enjoy receiving and sending them. And I still write hand written notes in each and every one. I hate those impersonal printed papers that are sent in cards. They make copies and send them to everyone. They always brag about their kids or their travels/cruise, blah, blah, blah. I think people appreciate a hand written note even if it's just a few sentences. 💓

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not send out Christmas Cards and haven’t for years. When was working I sent them only because people sent them to me but since retiring I have stopped. I will send a few emails to friends, and electronic cards to a few others but that is it.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We send out about a dozen or so. We used to send more, but time has whittled down our group of friends and family considerably, so that's what's left.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I send four. Husband sends a couple dozen, but a lot of people (relatives) he used to send to have passed over the years. I don't know how many he plans on doing this year.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do. I worked for Hallmark when I was in college so I started back then. Plus I enjoy getting them. I have a Christmas wall hanging thing that holds cards. Mom and I used to tape them to the wall around the living room doorway so we could look at them all year. The side of my refrigerator is all the photo cards and pictures I get every year. I love looking at everyone's kids growing up. And some cats and pups too!

I usually do around 60. I have tried to limit myself to just people who reciprocate though. This year I won't be hand delivering to people from church and we haven't been in the building since March. So I think it'll be good to connect to them. And who knows whoever else will be feeling extra lonely or blue this year. If sending a card helps someone through this time; then I'm glad I can do it. I need to get a picture of my kids and get copies to put inside them.

jeannem

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No. We won't be sending any cards I think. Do old family photos count? I went through all of them this year and am sending a bunch to my cousin in Oklahoma and down to California to my brother and his wife.
j

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually send out about dozen or so...family and close friends,and I have printed my own for several years.Most of the pictures that I turned into cards are on my old computer,and never got them moved to this new one,and don't have a clue how to do that.So...I may not be doing cards this year.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise

yes i do send out christmas cards but as to how many i have lots of friends with cats , my family and pen pals ....... a whole lot