question of the day Friday november 25th

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not that I can see. Cats are furry, don't fly and certainly don't breath fire (although they'd probably like to :lol:)
The nearest living relative, I think, lives in my garden
View attachment 437114

View attachment 437115
i'm so jealous of you australians you guys have all the cool interesting animals right in your own yards :lol:i wanna move there and end up with a small zoo of animals to care for

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uh...I'm going with no. Felines/mammals and reptiles are completely different species. Well...that is, if we are going to speculate that dragons were real...I would put them in the "reptile" category...however, I would consider dragons as part of the bird species...especially considering the theory that birds are evolutionary descendants of the theropods species of dinosaur.
The thing is...historically speaking...from what "fantasy" has told us, dragons are four legged with wings, while the theropod group (birds) are 2 legged with their "arms" being the wings...if they had them....so I'm leaning towards reptile...

I'm sorry, my explanation is coming across as very pompous which is not my intention...so here are some emojis to lessen that a bit.
:crazy: :runaround: :idea:

And for good measure.......
:poop:

Why the poop emoji you ask? Well, everyone loves a good poop.

(There.......did I knock myself down a peg or two? :lol:)

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
So, going with what people have said, I'll offer another of my garden residents... I think if you crossed the Water Dragon on Ganesh with this Bush Stone Curlew, we'd have the makings of a pretty good (if very small) dragon.

curlew dragon.jpg

I love these birds. This one is sitting down. Check out the way her legs bend forwards.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Amazing! :) Keep um coming! Lovely bird, didn’t even know it existed until right now, so thank you!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm going to swim against the stream here, and say, based on empirical evidence, yes. We have no proof that dragons are reptilian in anything but looks, at all. Maybe they're like pangolins, who are also scaled. In fact, I'm not sure that anything that breathes fire is coldblooded. And they have so many traits in common! They both consider themselves to be masters of the universe (He-Man got NUTTIN on a cat...or a dragon). They are both highly intelligent, they both blow up and hiss like steam kettles when annoyed. They are both sinuous, and a little bit sensuous. They both find having human servants to be most agreeable (why do you think dragons are so interested in princesses?) And they both collect and guard hordes!