Question Of The Day, Friday, November 23

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday!

Today's question actually is about yesterday (Thanksgiving). How did you eat your holiday dinner? Were you careful, only eating a little bit of this and a little bit of that? Or did you gobble til you wobbled?

I was pretty good. I had been cooking and baking Wednesday and Wednesday night and then on Thursday. During dinner, I was fine and didn't really eat much. After dinner, Rick and I cleaned the table, took care of the leftovers, and then ran the first load of dishes in the dishwasher.

Then it was time for dessert and coffee. At that point, all bets were off. I had both a slice of pumpkin pie AND a slice of the chocolate salted caramel pecan pie. Both with a scoop of French vanilla ice cream, topped with a bit of slather of chocolate ganache that I had made. After that, I was wobbling around pretty well! I asked my GF's husband which pie he wanted; he looked at me said, "Yeah!" That means he, too, wanted both. Yum!

How about you?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Meh. I am diabetic so I can never go full out and stuff myself. Plus after cooking for two days, it kind of kills your interest in the food. I did make some turkey meals for the freezer and I am sure in a week or so they will taste wonderful.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to my cousin's for T-day..

No appetizers for me, I was saving my tummy for the main meal..

A bit of turkey, cranberry sauce, scoop of mashed potatoes, scoop of stuffing... and a ton of asparagus!!!! love asparagus..and gravy..

I ate so much.. I was stuffed... no room for dessert...

The drive home was an hour, so when I got home, I had a big slice of pumpkin pie with whipped cream...

Still not hungry, this morning..

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not American - but had Thanksgiving back in October.

Didn't gorge myself or anything but ate nicely. Turkey, homemade gravy, mint jelly, baked soft brussel sprouts that was cooked with Turkey juices, stuffing, mashed potatoes. Nice wine included!

Pumpkin pie with whipped cream. Pretty satisfying :)

Kal_shadowsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I didn't stuff myself this year. I had a bit of everything, and the nice thing was instead of doing a big pie,I did tiny muffin tin pies, so I incorporated my pie into the meal itself.

I didn't go crazy overboard on making a ton of food this year either, so that helped.

I think the past few weeks of crazy helped too. Didn't have the energy to eat much after all the work.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I tend to munch more as we are cooking or before the meal. But we usually have some sort of dip with crackers and/or deviled eggs out for that purpose. Meal time, I usually do fairly normal portion sizes if not a little less because I have been munching. We wait an hour before desert after the meal, partially to do dishes and clean up and partially to digest some.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to make a turkey breast and do my own T-day, tomorrow (Saturday)...

With turkey, stuffing, gravy, squash.. and cranberry sauce.. that is about it.. not even sure if I will have a potato.. I can do without it....

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I ate too much, I couldn't help myself but Thanksgiving only comes once a year, right? ;)

We went to our neighbor's house who is the perfect host. She knows I'm vegetarian so she made all the side dishes veggie friendly. DH enjoyed the turkey and I ate everything else including too much dessert. :biggrin:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i did the 'little bit of this and little bit of that' thing, with more turkey (protein) than the bits of other stuff. i did Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday. i really don't like to feel stuffed/too full. :D

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm a vegetarian, and not a huge fan of the traditional Thanksgiving food anyway, like stuffing or mashed potatoes. But our host had made a little pan of vegetarian stuffing so I felt obligated to eat some. :lol: So I had veggies, salad, a little bit of potatoes and stuffing. Not a heavy meal at all.

When we got home, I had a couple of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for dessert and that was it. Perfect.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a roasted turkey thigh and a baked potato. No appetizers, no dessert. It's just me so I don't see the point of going to all that trouble and I'm not really a dessert person anyway.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always have a one plate rule. I fill up my Corelle dinner plate. Not heaping though. My friends call me "Old One Plate" whenever we go to a buffet. :lol:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gobbled til I wobbled.
Then I wobbled a bit more and gobbled to top it off.
I gobbled and wobbled so much I dropped off to sleep in my chair (I never do that!)
I snuck some more food about 3:45, wobbled a bit, woke up at 5:30 still wobbling (but hungry), wobbled and hobbled to morning chores and pretty much gobbled and hobbled (and howled) because I'm a really, really lame guy and never learn my lesson.
Then I had a taco.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had been sick two days before Thanksgiving with a virus, ( no nausea thank goodness ) so I took it easy with a few bites of turkey and dressing. I'm glad my boyfriend and I decided to buy a precooked meal from the grocery store deli. So there was no cooking when I was feeling weak and tired.

I still haven't had any pumpkin pie. It should be safe to eat some tomorrow.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I behaved myself today,and I was really glad I did.A little of this and that worked just fine.We had pumpkin pie,apple raisin pie and spiced maple cheesecake and I just had the cheesecake...awesome....and a taste of the pumpkin pie,which I was curious about.I made it reduced sugar and added 3 tablespoons of molasses...sweet enuf and great flavor.Looking forward to leftovers tomorrow!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had one plateful of the usual turkey and sides and that was so much I couldn't eat the apple and celery salad I had fixed. Ate the pumpkin pie hours later. I will have that again before going to bed.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I behaved myself today,and I was really glad I did.A little of this and that worked just fine.We had pumpkin pie,apple raisin pie and spiced maple cheesecake and I just had the cheesecake...awesome....and a taste of the pumpkin pie,which I was curious about.I made it reduced sugar and added 3 tablespoons of molasses...sweet enuf and great flavor.Looking forward to leftovers tomorrow!
Does your apple raisin pie have icing on the top crust? In Maryland we had French apple pie that has raisins and a white icing on top. Something like this.....

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was by myself as usual. My sister made me some Vegetarian dressing with gravy and a small green bean casserole. Since it is just me I didn't bother with anything else. I don't eat desert. I also had cranberry sauce.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was by myself as usual. My sister made me some Vegetarian dressing with gravy and a small green bean casserole. Since it is just me I didn't bother with anything else. I don't eat desert. I also had cranberry sauce.
:hugs: I was with you in spirit sis. I was also alone. The cats were with me but it was just us.