Question of the Day, Friday, November 22

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :yess:

What is your favorite tv channel? Do you like one of the standard channels or are you interested more in a "higher" tier channel? If I turn your tv on, what channel will I find?

With me, it's probably Travel Channel or A & E. I've turned into quite the paranormal junkie, watching shows like The Dead Files, Ghost Hunters, and now Ghost Nation. A girlfriend got me interested in the original Ghost Hunters shows on SyFy many years ago. They're back now as Ghost Nation on the Travel Channel.. Disclaimer: No, I do not believe any of it is real. And yet? As I'm lying in bed with my iPad, I watch. If you turn my tv on, it will come on to Travel Channel or sometimes A & E, if I've watched Expedition Unknown the night before.

What about you?

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't have cable anymore. When I went to college, we didn't even have a tv, so I just got used to it. When we did have it, I loved watching Discovery Health (not even sure that's a channel anymore), Animal Planet, National Geographic, and ID.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Right now you’d see a black screen because we’ve been binge-watching an older BBC series, “New Tricks,” on DVD. Typically, though, it’s one of four apps through AppleTV: PBS, Acorn, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. We have cable, but we never use it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mostly use Hulu. My favorite shows are from Bravo, ABC, NBC-- Real Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, This Is Us

I miss having Hallmark, Lifetime, and TCM, but DirecTV just got too expensive.

I miss the animal shows too, like My Cat From Hell.

Texaskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :yess:

What is your favorite tv channel? Do you like one of the standard channels or are you interested more in a "higher" tier channel? If I turn your tv on, what channel will I find?

With me, it's probably Travel Channel or A & E. I've turned into quite the paranormal junkie, watching shows like The Dead Files, Ghost Hunters, and now Ghost Nation. A girlfriend got me interested in the original Ghost Hunters shows on SyFy many years ago. They're back now as Ghost Nation on the Travel Channel.. Disclaimer: No, I do not believe any of it is real. And yet? As I'm lying in bed with my iPad, I watch. If you turn my tv on, it will come on to Travel Channel or sometimes A & E, if I've watched Expedition Unknown the night before.

What about you?
Happy Friday too! I really like ME-TV, the oldies station. On weekdays they've got Perry Mason, Leave it to Beaver, Bonanza, the Rifleman, Charlies Angels (yeah I know - but check out the bellbottoms and platform shoes what a blast from the past: ) Mash, Green Acres, The Andy Griffith Show. On weekends Gilligan's Island. Those old shows relax me, reminds me of when I was a carefree kid.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
-TCM - I love old movies (Pre-1970), The History Chanel - American Pickers and Secrets of the Dead, among others. ) FETV for Perry Mason and Matlock. PBS for Father Brown and Midsomer Murders, Death in .Paradise I love New Tricks but it is not on here any more (at least when I can watch) CNN from time to time for my daily dose of depression. I only have time to watch a couple hours or less in the evening.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I miss TCM too. :agree: We need a subscription to watch it now and since we already pay enough for cable I don't plan to pay anymore. I just wish they would have waited until after the holidays when I watch all my old favorite movies.

However, I like Animal Planet, National Geographic Wild, HGTV and PBS.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I'd have to say my favorites go hand in hand....cooking channel and food network.Love hgtv (good bones and home town),tlc (long lost family),history channel for American pickers,bravo,e!,lifetime,hallmark,PBS (finding your roots),AXS (the big interview with Dan Rather),CBS (Blue Bloods),Travel Channel some,but I do agree their best times were with Adam,Andrew and Tony.
If you turned on my tv,it's depend on the day as to what you'd find.On Wednesdays there's a Blue Bloods marathon on ION,on WGN there's JAG and In the heat of the night,right now on FoodNetwork there's been a triple D marathon.......