Question of the Day, Friday, November 20

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

Let's talk about tv channels: What is your favorite tv channel? Why? Do you have a favorite or do you watch from a variety of channels?

Rick watches a little bit of everything from several channels. I don't actually watch much mainstream television anymore, but I'll have it on when I'm in bed reading, primarily, I guess, for background noise. I probably watch/listen to TRVL Channel. I tend to actually watch the Dead Files on Tuesday nights and I watch Ghost Nation on Saturday (I was always a Ghost Hunters fan. No, I didn't believe in it, but it was interesting to watch.). The rest of the time, it's strictly background, while I'm on my iPad at night.

When I'm actually watching TV in the shed, it's usually Hulu. I've worked my way through several tv series on Hulu and, to a lesser extent, Prime.

What about you? What television channel do you watch most often?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have Tv anymore but I liked ION which aired reruns of Criminal Minds and TNT for the same reason,
they aired the 3 Law&Order franchises.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We watch several channels, with no particular favorite. We watch Create, a PBS channel; ION; CTV out of Canada- Michele loves Murdoch Mysteries- and the local NBC affiliate for local news and weather. Since we use an antenna, we don't watch any cable or satellite channels.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch a variety of channels. I do like CTV, they have our local news and air several dramas and sitcoms that I watch, (same with CBS, NBC, CBC...) I also like PBS, Discovery, History, TVO, SCIFI, Paramount, Comedy, AMC and really, many other networks...it depends on the show they have. I even like children's networks like YTV, Family and Disney...they often play all my favorite cartoon movies.
I don't really have a favorite channel.....Like I said, it all depends on what show is on at the time.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Acorn, PBS, Netflix, and Prime. We’re currently working our way through the old Monk series on Prime. We stream everything through AppleTV. Cable is included in our monthly fee, but we never use it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We haven’t had regular tv service in years; but if I’m somewhere that does I go for the DIY network. HGTV will do too.

We have several streaming services so that’s enough usually. I do buy one show from the Discovery networks: The Curse of Oak Island. We all love it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I tend to gravitate toward the animal channels, e.g. Animal Planet & National Geographic Wild or home improvement, e.g. HGTV as well as PBS. I also like watching reruns of older tv shows, e.g. Bewitched, The Addams Family, Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, etc.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do have satellite service and I figure since we pay for it,we're gonna use it!We're pretty much homebodies,don't go to the movies....we watch a lot of diy,hgtv,food and cooking,bravo,a&e,lifetime and hallmark,ion on Wednesday for my Blue Bloods marathon,wgn,history,travel....oh my gosh I could go on.A favorite?Food and cooking channels without a doubt,but I also watch PBS for Lydia and Patti and the New Orleans cooking queens.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have SBS here that has movies and documentaries from all over the world..got to put up with subtitles sometimes
but the qualitiy of some of the movies makes Hollywood look pretty poor.
Other TV channels are all endless and repeated fishing, cooking, house decorating and god awful reality shows.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We no longer have cable, but we do have streaming services.
I tend to gravitate towards Disney+ (I love watching old Disney movies!) and Amazon Prime :popcorn:
Also, I just remembered: I love Hallmark movies! I kow they're so cheesy and they're all the same, but for whatever reason, they're still fun to watch :)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't have cable, so just get the 3 Canadian channels "over the air", so no favourite channel. If I did ever get cable again, it would be for HGTC, which I used to love. I'm contemplating getting a streaming service for the winter, and can't decide between Netflix and Amazon.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bravo channel! So I can watch my Real Housewives shows. But I usually watch them on Hulu now. I watch Grey's Anatomy too. I love Hallmark, Lifetime, TCM channels, but we canceled our DirecTV because of the ridiculous high price increase.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have cable, so just get the 3 Canadian channels "over the air", so no favourite channel. If I did ever get cable again, it would be for HGTC, which I used to love. I'm contemplating getting a streaming service for the winter, and can't decide between Netflix and Amazon.
I have had Netflix for years and Amazon Prime for temporary memberships. Both have a great deal to watch but I found that Netflix app is far superior to Amazon. It is just much easier to find programs you want to watch, set up your watch list and to see what is new.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have cable, so I just download channel apps using my parents' DirectTV account. I mostly watch Hallmark though. It's just a nice and cheesy distraction and I can have it on while I'm working and not really have to pay too much attention to it.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We watch little besides newscasts, and for them we turn to one national public broadcaster, one local public channel, and one commercial channel that has a lot of international coverage due to its affiliation with CNN. Occasionally we watch BBC News, CNN International or CNBC Europe, but hubby prefers German-language broadcasts, so mainly I'm the one watching them.

Mowgli likes the Saturday evening animal documentaries on one particular commercial channel, so we turn that on for him. Seriously.