Question of the Day, Friday, May 7

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Generally, I prefer people take off their shoes. I'm not super strict about it though. I don't have a big entryway in my house though, so it isn't always that practical, plus the upstairs is mostly hardwood, so it isn't a huge deal.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've never had a preference one way or the other.No carpet in my house so whatever ends up on a floor can easily be swept,vac'd,or mopped.To each their own!I'm not much of a barefoot person,so most of the time I wear my tennies,or flip flops when the weather is particularly warm.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
:yeah: Pretty much the same reply as Lizzie above.
If it was bad weather outside, like snow than the boots come off right away. However, if I every have carpet put down on the floors, I may start taking my shoes off as I enter. It is not a bad custom to adopt. 🙂

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Most Asian homes such as ours prefer that guests coming into the house take their shoes off. We usually have slippers especially for indoors only, and another ones for outdoor such as when gardening or just taking the mail. I do not like it when shoes worn outside mess with my floor. However, I cannot tell them to take off their shoes. It's a little embarrassing and guests should have common sense to take them off voluntarily. :)

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer shoes off. In the warm months I take off whatever I've been wearing while outside
because I don't want any insects, etc in the house. I have mats and I slip on a pair of slippers
after I remove the outside footwear. I prefer others to remove their shoes but most people don't.