Question of the Day, Friday, May 29

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good afternoon! :wave3:

We've been working outside all morning, me push-mowing around trees and such and Rick planting azaleas and getting ready to plant more corn. I came into make tomato sandwiches for lunch and realized I hadn't done today's QOTD. Based on a conversation with Dear Richard this morning.....

What is/are your latest pet peeve(s)?

I got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and it's all because of our bedsheets. I hate, I mean, really hate, crinkled bottom sheets. The sheet must be completely crinkle-free when I go to bed and it usually is. I will tighten the sheet and tuck it under before ever going to bed. And I've been like this for years. Well, we must have been extremely restless last night because when the cats awakened me, the bottom sheet was all foldovers and crinkles. Blah! Rick got up to feed the girls and I immediately got out of bed and straightened the sheet. (Not that it mattered as I needed caffeine more than I needed sleep, so I just got up, too.) I've made Rick crazy more than once because I made him get out of bed to straighten the sheet. I can't sleep if the sheet is wrinkled. I just can't.

What about you? What is your pet peeve?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My latest pet peeve is people not social distancing. The lady behind me in the grocery store line was practically standing on top of me even though there were clearly marked lines on the floor for this purpose. When I asked her to please stand back she started hollering, "I am, I am." :rolleyes3:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My neighbor across the street keeps going outside and hocking up loogies throughout the day. I can't have my front window open because having to hear him do that all the time is absolutely disgusting.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Given I am shorter than average, I have some grocery store pet peeves. Like everything I need is on the top shelf and out of reach. And the plastic bags for meats are placed up above the meat shelves so that my fingers can barely touch them but can’t get enough of a hold to pull a bag down. They should have hooks like clothing stores do to pull items down or forward. In the current times of social distancing I don’t want to find some passerby to get things down for me.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People who make noises when they chew. Gross!
That is one of mine too.
My Boss when he eats puts his face down about 6 inches away from his plate and shovels his food in while still chewing the previous mouthfuls and slurping and slobbering as he does so.
I have to leave the lunch room.its like a ravenous Labrador dog.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just thought of another frequent pet peeve of mine. Dogs. I don't hate dogs, I hate their owners who leave them to bark incessantly outside. I have a neighbor who does this all the time and I am so fed up with it.