Question of the Day - Friday, May 27, 2022

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
*** Note - This spot is up for grabs. If you'd like to do the Friday Question of the Day every week, please send me a PM ***

Today's question is about online activity. How much of life/daily tasks do you do online?

This question came to yesterday while I was paying bills online, made a dinner reservation online and renewed my car registration online. Most of my bills are paid online. There are a few that I write out a check for. I also paid my mother's bills yesterday and none of those are paid online. For the most part if I can do something online, I do.

How about you?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Well, I work online for a couple of different language schools and I order and pay for my monthly cat food supplies online, but apart from that I'm only online for social stuff. Most of my other bills are paid for by direct debit.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
zero i pay cold hard cash any chance i get not a fan of having my movements/actions tracked or my buying habits sold to an add company unless its about cat stuff :lol: edit i belong to several forums and serve as an admin on a facebook stroke group

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do everything online that I can. I love online shopping, grocery pickup, pizza pickup, streaming music, movies, tv shows. I do everything on my desktop though. I don't know how you guys do everything on your phone. The buttons are so small! And I hate talking on the phone. Maybe someday I'll get into it.

So far we only order online from restaurants that accept cash though, so basically just the pizza restaurants. I don't like running up a bill for takeout. But maybe I'll change my mind, because most of the restaurants make you pay with credit card beforehand...

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We do no banking or bill paying online. When I renewed our vehicle registration, I went to the auto bureau, even though I had to make an appointment to do so. We make online purchases, but only if the item(s) we want aren't available locally, and I use a debit card that is totally divorced from any bank account, and carries only a limited balance, so as to limit exposure. For in-store purchases, it's cash all the way.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty much everything I do is online. Haven't written a check to pay a bill in years. Haven't been in a store to shop (including grocery store) in years. I order food online and go to the restaurant to pick it up. I hate people so the less interaction, the better for everyone involved.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I pay Some bills are automatic to a credit card. I do like shopping online if products aren't Available Locally. I don't Trust online personal Banking.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since covid, I do most everything online. Pay most of the bills, order groceries, cat stuff, takeout, banking, shopping for most everything.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
i play games , chat and order various stuff online ... im disabled and getting out everyday is not an option

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are a couple of bills I pay online and only since the pandemic have I made any purchases online...I still prefer in person. I'll research and compare things online to get all my information prior to purchase but I'm very tactile and I like to feel and see in person what I'm getting. I do not save any of my usernames or passwords on my computer.
We do use an online based program for our work which works very well. I check a few social media sites periodically and watch YouTube videos for DIY type things and entertainment when I'm really bored.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Everything is online. About the only time I write a check is when I have someone do work for me that doesn’t have an electronic card scanner. I also handle most of my auntie’s bills online but have a few I still mail.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's hard for me to say how much time I spend on-line. Most of my on-line time is spent answering e-mails, health related portals, some banking but not a lot and sites like TCS or a dog site I've been a member of for a long time. I like to go grocery shopping in person and select all my items. I also like to go to stores for any necessary purchases, pet, household or personal. And I like to meet friends in person. I'm not a fan of social media sites, zoom, etc. We've had a lot of problems with our Wifi/Inernet service so I'm thankful I don't rely on on-line activity for everything.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do almost everything online. I was beyond thrilled when I learned I could renew my driver's license online last time. No dragging my poor kids to the DMV for who knows how long! :lol:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I work from home so work is online. I pay bills online. I order a few things online through Amazon but I continue to go to the Supermarket weekly. I very occasionally order take out online. I go pick it up. I don't want to pay the delivery fee plus tip for pizza. I won't use delivery services like Grubhub. I don't understand exactly how it works but they cut into the profit the restaurant gets. I had never used them before the Pandemic. I read that from several sources so I didn't start during the Pandemic, restaurants were struggling to survive already.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty much everything. I bank online, I shop online (groceries included), I work from home relying on the Internet, I watch a lot of YouTube during the day, and I read a lot of fanfiction.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I do mostly anything online, even grocery shopping for my kids who are at a different country I do it online, including bills payment.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Everything is online. About the only time I write a check is when I have someone do work for me that doesn’t have an electronic card scanner. I also handle most of my auntie’s bills online but have a few I still mail.
Same here. The box of checks I have will probably last the rest of my life since I almost never write checks any more.

I make appointments online, stay in touch with friends, play word games.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Same here. The box of checks I have will probably last the rest of my life since I almost never write checks any more.

I make appointments online, stay in touch with friends, play word games.
Having my IPad practically glued to my hand 14 hours a day helps too 🤣

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Most of my day is spent online, especially if I'm not at school. Research is done online, most of my entertainment is online, I spend the majority of my day behind a screen really. Luckily I still game with my uncle together on the sofa, it's still on a screen, but there's also that in-person connection.