Question of the Day, Friday, May 20

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think of myself as being a picky eater, that is until I go out to meet friends for dinner and can't find anything on the menu that's vegetarian besides a salad which I can make myself at home.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I am not picky. I will try anything and I dislike very few foods, but I have trouble identifying foods that I love. I feel like most people have a food or many foods that they absolutely love and I just don't have that.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I'm picky overall, however, with all the new food trends and flavor trends I might be considered picky now. I don't like anything spicy (hot and/or curry spices) which is super popular and is everywhere so I find I'm limited in what I can order at restaurants without having to ask to omit stuff. I also hate mushrooms, but mushrooms are now such a big "super food" that they to are often included in so many things. Oh, and kale....kale is gross but it's in all the salads now...
I have also never been a fan of mixing sweet and savory/salty together...for example. putting fruit or a fruit vinaigrette in a salad. Or mixing fruit flavors on meat/cheese like cranberry sauce with turkey, pineapple on pizza, cheese and apple pie, etc...I like all those foods, just not mixed together.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Not at all. I'll try almost anything once. Patrick (ex) and I went to a Spanish restaurant in Columbus and he ordered goat's head soup...couldn't even look at it.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No, not really. Unless I encounter food that tastes like water. Then I get mad at big business for training the taste buds of Americans to hate flavor. I will try most anything. And the only food I can't stand is raw red onions and bell peppers.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I'm not very picky, but I won't eat meat because I'm vegetarian. I hate that most foods are under spiced now, I think restaurants and manufacturers are afraid of allergies or making it too spicy. Even jarred pasta sauce is too bland now and you have to fix it up yourself.
I don't like dessert, as sweet as I can go with food is pancakes. I do like desserty sweet coffee drinks, but I don't like chocolate much.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am a super picky eater 😅
I'm mostly very sensitive to textures, which is very hard to explain to people. I just like very simple foods, no sauces and no vegetables... Being diagnosed with autism has made me accept this part about myself a little bit more. But my diet is absolutely horrendous and going to restaurants is a nightmare for me