Question Of The Day, Friday, May 18

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :yess:

Easy question this morning: What color is your living room? How long has it been that color? Do you do any painting yourself or do you hire professionals?

Right now, our living room is a very pale grey. We've been talking about re-painting now for about three years, but we're unsure of what color to use. One wall in our living room is called Cranberry Wall and it's a shade of red that we both really like, especially around the holidays. So whatever color we choose has to look nice with our Cranberry Wall. We'll paint eventually. (Or we'll get my sister to paint; she is excellent with a brush. She doesn't tape anything and everything always looks beautiful. She's cheap, too: a large pizza, a dozen doughnuts, and a case of beer. :lol: She also does gorgeous wallpapering.)

What about you? What color is your living room? Are you a good painter?

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kind of beige. I think the actual color is called "broom".
I do all of my own painting. I do have to tape everything though. I don't have a very steady hand

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in an apartment, so my place is just white. If I could choose the paint color, I'd probably go with blue or gray.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At the moment it is light cool grey blue and white. I painted it that way - when I arrived it was this dated flowery wallpaper.

When it comes to painting walls I think I am pretty fine as is. I've done my parents walls many times. That is the extent of my skills though :lol: I am definitely not a Raphael!

If I were to paint the outside of a house though, I would opt for professionals.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3 walls in white and one in red.
I do all the painting myself, because I enjoy to do it. I painted the living room in these colours as soon as I moved to this house in february 2014.

living 003 (2).JPG

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My living room is a deep federal blue. I painted it myself, but next time, I will hire someone. I would like a lighter shade of the same color.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kind of a natural white - the walls are hand applied plaster. Kind of afraid to put color over it since we don't know the exact material used. I'm sure it's nearly as old as the house (1925) or thereabouts. It's fine though, we like it.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
It's a light teal-blue (looks even more blue with my fishtank lights). I have small walls painted in red to break up the blue a bit (it's a big room).

I painted it with my dad and sister when I first moved in 4 years ago. no intention of changing the color any time soon

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pale blue, used to be white. We were just fine with white, but after my brain tumor was removed Roger invited his nephew and the nephew's wife and step-daughter to move in with us so there would be someone who could help me up if I fell, and one day Roger looked up and discovered that the house guests were painting the walls (which didn't need it) without asking. We had a cat door, not a cat flap, a door that could be (and was) locked, that we had installed for Sweet Thing, who had always been an indoor-outdoor cat and could look after herself. When the house-guests-from-hell got to the cat door they decided that, since it was obviously expensive, they should remove it so they wouldn't get paint on it. It wasn't designed to be removed. They broke it, said nothing, and replaced it with a cheap cat flap, which turned Floppy into a sudden indoor-outdoor cat, which is why Floppy is no longer with us. The cat flap is now sealed with packing tape, and our former house guests have been informed that if we ever find them on our property again we'll call the sheriff (the nephew's wife also physically abused me before we finally evicted them, and it did require serving them with an eviction notice!).

Margret

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my living room is painted in a medium shade of......sage green-ish. not my choice, was this color when i bought my house.

i've never painted walls before, but will likely get to repainting, removing wallpaper and then painting, and such at some point.

i would rather have my living room painted in the Ceylon Cream color that i used on one plank (as an accent) of the feature wall i installed in the living room. a light color will brighten up the room, as well as help it to feel/look like there's more space.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our living room and dining room which are just separated by a half wall are sunshine yellow. We moved in 18 years ago to a new construction condo and the model saw had yellow walls. We loved the color My husband painted before we moved in But if we ever repaint we will hire the local handyman. My husband can no longer physically do it and I do not have time