Question of the Day, Friday, March 5

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

How many electronic devices do you have? Do you use them all regularly?

Let me see. I have 8, I think. And yes I do use them all.
iPod - I'd be lost without music
iPad Air 2 - for reading my library ebooks and for Nook ebooks
iPad - for surfing and for the three games that I play (I love the iPad a lot more than I ever thought I would!)
iPhone
Kindle Paperwhite - for reading Kindle ebooks (Originally got it for Rick's mom, but she hated the thing, so I took it. I don't particularly care for it either, TBH.)
FitBit Charge 3
Desktop computer
Laptop in the WeShed

If smart tvs count, we have two Samsung tvs, one in the WeShed and one in the living room. I have Rick's old JVC tv in the bedroom. We use the Firestick on that, but it's not a smart tv.

How about you?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
10 phones, 4 laptops, 1 desktop, 20 smart cams, 2 Echo Shows 1 echo dot, 3 android tablets and 1 ipad. All used to earn money with except the cams

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
IPhone, regular and mini IPads, computer, smart TV. Plus two echo Alexas, two video cams and a few smart plugs. All are in daily use.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Android phone
Smart TV
Samsung tablet
Any other electronic thing in the house is my husband's.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

- desktop computer - daily use
- laptop computer - daily use
- tablet (games) - daily use
- iPod (podcasts) - daily use
- Kindle Paperwhite (won in a raffle, love it) - frequent, not quite daily, use
- stupid phone (flip phone, will never own a smart phone. own a cell phone at all under significant protest). Usually uncharged because I forget about it. Would gladly throw it in the bin and never replace it. I do have a landline.)

Not counting the computer set up that is work-related (computer with webcam :( so that we can "see each other" at meetings :rolleyes: )

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am using the equipment for work but it isn't mine.

A laptop
An android phone
An android tablet

I use the laptop and phone daily. Rarely use the tablet.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not counting the electronics that Michele has, I have a Samsung tablet and TV, a Garmin GPS, an AM/FM pocket radio, an AM/FM/ shortwave radio, 2 digital cameras- one a DSLR- and a laser level. I don't use all of them all the time, but they all get used, just some more than others.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just the usual here I think. Phone, kindle, fibit, laptop and a few tvs but not smart tvs. I do have an old iPod shuffle and an old kindle fire but they don’t get much use.
Kindle Paperwhite - for reading Kindle ebooks (Originally got it for Rick's mom, but she hated the thing, so I took it. I don't particularly care for it either, TBH.)
You’ll pry my Paperwhite out of my dead cold hands. :biggrin: It goes everywhere with me. Ive worn out one cover and my new one is starting to show wear too. :lol: I keep getting ads from Amazon about upgrading but the reviews on the newer ones aren’t as good.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not sure if I can count them or if my husbands count for this?
I'll assume it does but won't give the amount of each. Assume 2 at minimum lol

flat screen tv's
laptops
PC's
record player
Android cell phones
bluetooth
router
digital camera
mirrorless camera
wireless headphones (music)
wireless headset (for work)
wireless coffee/tea mug
Kindle Paperwhite
Simply Safe

I feel like I've left something out.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Many of these things have become so ubiquitous that I'm not sure I can remember them all. Between my husband and me, though, we have the following:
  • 2 iPhone 8s
  • 2 iPad minis (one is an older generation that I keep for backup) -- I use the Mini
  • 2 iPads (again, one is an older generation for backup purposes) -- my husband's
  • 2 Nest cams (one is set up in the cats' bathroom so I can spy on them :))
  • Macbook Pro (mine)
  • HP Envy laptop (his)
  • AppleTV
  • 2 sets of wireless ear buds (I used to have Bose noise-cancelling headphones which I loved, but we had a break-in and they were stolen. :mad:)
  • A not-so-smart TV. We've had it for several years so compared to new models, it's too primitive and cumbersome to use the "smart" features.
  • Sony HDMI CD/DVD player
  • Various iPods, Nanos, etc. somewhere

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A laptop I use daily and a kindle I use periodically. I don't think our "smart" TV would count because we don't use the "smart" technology...it's used just like a normal TV. The only reason we got that one was because it was on sale at the time we needed a new TV.
We do have a lot of other electronic devices, but they are used by my husband...he's the tech guy.
Smart phone, lap top, desk top and one of those boxes that lets you stream shows and movies. He also has so much gaming stuff I wouldn't know where to start.
What's cool though, is we also have all of the vintage gaming consoles, and they still work! From the Atrari and Commodor 64 all the way up to the more modern PS4 (My husband is NOT allowed to get the PS5!) I'll plug in our original Nintendo, or the super Nintendo every once in a while to play some Tetris or Super Mario Bros....that's where my gaming skills stopped evolving. LOL!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 3 laptops (1 is for work, the other two are for personal use), I use my work one 4 days a week and the personal one everyday. The other personal one I will usually only use to watch Castle because I have all the episodes saved on that computer.
I also have:
Samsung smartphone
Kindle Fire
Amazon TV
Ring doorbell/security system (I guess that counts)
I also have another TV that is just in a spare room and rarely gets used.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have my desk top,he has his chromebook,his cell is not a smart phone and our tv is not a smart tv either.That's it!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mostly use my desktop because it's easier to type. I have my cell phone, but I mostly text. I don't like talking on the phone or taking selfies. I have an ipad, but I don't ever use it, I like my desktop. I have a Smart TV, but mostly watch TV on my desktop.