Question Of The Day, Friday, March 22

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :yess:

Let's have an easy question this morning in honor of spring (and grilling season!): What do you want on your hot dog? Do you prefer your dogs grilled or browned in a pan? Done in the microwave?

We're pretty plain around here. Ketchup and ball park mustard with some zucchini relish. And life is good. Although I will sometimes have a bit of sauerkraut on mine. Sometimes a bit of cheese. We prefer them grilled with the buns grilled, too.

How about you?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Grilled or done in the toaster oven until well done. Sometimes just plain. Sometimes with sauerkraut, onions and mustard- spicy brown only. I like the New England style buns that are top split.

DH liked ketchup and mayo on his. :headshake:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i love grilled hot dogs, and the bun grilled too. i like ketchup sometimes, mustard most times on my hot dog -- but not both together. i also like sweet relish, either with mustard or ketchup.

i don't bother with grilling, so i'll microwave the hog dog, because it's only going to be for one person. :dunno: and most times i don't use a bun or even a slice of bread with my hot dog.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Grilled of course. I like them with the bun browned too, just a bit. I put mayo on one side, spicy brown mustard on the other, with onion and pickle, no adjustments. If I can't have it that way, I won't eat it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry no hot dogs for this vegetarian
There are vegetarian hot dogs and corn dogs. They are actually pretty tasty! I like my hot dogs well done and crispy with ketchup. Sometimes I use mustard too. I don't like sweet relish, I like the non-sweet dill type relish, but it's getting harder to find lately here.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grilled is preferable, of course, but I'm not too picky. I much prefer a plain white bun. A bun that's too thick or chewy ruins the experience. Hebrew National and Ballpark (or Kirkland) all-beef are the best. I like ketchup, yellow mustard, and chopped raw onions (white preferred). That's all. If I'm getting it from a street vendor, I also like a little sauerkraut, but it just never tastes the same at home, lol.

I also do NOT like sweet relish at all, ick. I like dill relish. But not on hot dogs :D.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like hot dogs. Unless it's in a concoction I make called 'drunken dogs'.
2-3 packs of sliced dogs
1 bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's (or any BBQ sauce)
1 cup brown sugar
16 oz. beer
Put all in slow cooker for 2 hours.
Those are awesome

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I rarely eat hot dogs, I have to really be in the mood for them but if I do I like them boiled with Gulden's spicy brown mustard and a little bit of 'kraut (cold, I like the crunch factor).

Grilled is good too - well done please.

Regular white bun. Non-toasted. Split top is easier but I'm not picky on that point.

Oh and has to be all beef. Good quality.

Nothing else, anything more.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A perfect question for Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 :D
Isn't it, though!

We all know how she likes hers! :D
Well, if you don't, you have NOT been paying attention:p!

Onions and cheese, please. I prefer them grilled, but since my apartment complex will not allow grills on the property (they CLAIM it is a fire hazard), I just heat them in the microwave for 90 seconds. LOL, I can go from, "huh, about time for supper" to "DANG, that was good" in 10 minutes flat.

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I prefer them grilled but we have too many mosquitoes here so we cook them stovetop. Doesn’t matter what is on them. If we are doing dogs for dinner its because we are too busy to think about food.