Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Question Of The Day, Friday, June 7

Discussion in 'The Cat Lounge' started by Winchester, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Winchester

Winchester Thread Starter TCS Member Veteran

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :yess:

Today is National Doughnut Day. DD is offering a free donut with a purchase of coffee.

What is your favorite doughnut flavor? Do you like sprinkles or frosting? Where do you usually buy your doughnuts? Do you make doughnuts?

When we go to DD (Dunkin), I like their sourdough glazed or sourdough powdered. I also like peanut butter filled. But really, I like pretty much all doughnuts.

We make yeast doughnuts usually once a year, in the spring, for Fastnacht Day or Shrove Tuesday. My doughnuts, though, are made either the weekend before or the weekend after. I didn't get any made this year and Rick's mother is still asking me about doughnuts. She keeps saying "Doughnuts taste good any time!" and she's right. :yummy:

How about you? Do you like doughnuts?

Aico & Nacho and maggiedemi purraised this.

2. JamesCalifornia

JamesCalifornia TCS Member Top Cat

Apr 1, 2016
    Los Angeles
    [​IMG]
    THE BOSTON CREAM DONUT

orange&white, Mother Dragon, VinceL and 5 others purraised this.

3. muffy

muffy TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 9, 2014
    Maryland
    My favorite is also the Boston Cream Donut. There is a donut place down the road from me but I don't remember the name of the place. They have the best donuts.

Aico & Nacho, neely and maggiedemi purraised this.

4. maggiedemi

maggiedemi TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 26, 2017
    I'm really picky about my donuts. I only like Apple Fritters and Crumb Cake Donuts, the ones with crumbs all over them.

5. NY cat man

NY cat man TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 6, 2018
    I like the plain glazed kind from Tim Horton's

6. LTS3

LTS3 TCS Member Staff Member Forum Helper

Aug 29, 2014
    USA
    I grew up on DD donuts. I always get the glazed. I If I'm getting Munchkins, I'll eat whatever is in the box but for some reason I would never buy a whole donut of, say, jelly filled in it's own :dunno:

I really like Apple cider donuts from a local grocery store but those are only available during the fall.

I don't care for savory / trendy donuts but a local independent donut shop makes a really good maple bacon donut :yummy:

[​IMG]

orange&white, muffy, Aico & Nacho and 5 others purraised this.

7. Mia6

Mia6 Mother of two Top Cat

Jan 22, 2017
    Ohio, USA
    Asking me if I like donuts is like asking me is the sky blue,

Krispy Creme glazed are my fave, the jelly and strawberry frosted with sprinkled from Dunkin, and there is a local bakery, Anne's Pastries that makes the best peanut butter creme sticks (French Silk pie)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    orange&white, muffy, Aico & Nacho and 2 others purraised this.

8. Mia6

Jan 22, 2017
    Ohio, USA
    Wowza, that maple-bacon looks amazing!!

Aico & Nacho, Lari and maggiedemi purraised this.

9. Willowy

Willowy TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    I like donuts :D. My favorites are blueberry cake, Krispy Kreme lemon filled, Boston cream, and apple fritters/bear claws. But any donut is fine with me.

There's a local bakery that makes "zebra donuts", with chocolate dough twisted with the plain dough. The bitterness of the chocolate dough goes great with the general sweetness. They're the best. Also very much in demand---if you don't order the day before, you're really taking your chances! They sell out very quickly.

10. neely

neely May the purr be with you Staff Member Forum Helper

Dec 22, 2005
    I don't eat donuts very often but when I have a craving my favorite is from a local candy shop. They use their homemade chocolate as a glaze for the donut. :yummy:

11. Mia6

Jan 22, 2017
    Ohio, USA
    Now that sounds awesome!!

Aico & Nacho, neely and maggiedemi purraised this.

12. jcat

jcat Mo(w)gli's can opener Staff Member Moderator

Feb 13, 2003
    Mo(w)gli Monster's Lair
    My favorite is Boston Creme. We rarely buy doughnuts, but when we do, it's from an independent bakery, not a chain.

orange&white, Aico & Nacho and maggiedemi purraised this.

13. Graceful-Lily

Graceful-Lily *Alien* Top Cat

May 30, 2016
    Orbiting the Earth. . .
    Tim Hortons through and through. I have no idea where else to purchase donuts. TIM BITS ANYONE?! :yummy: :loveeyes:

My top 3 are the honey glazed, chocolate, and those coconut sprinkle covered ones.
    [​IMG]

14. NY cat man

NY cat man TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 6, 2018
    We have little choice as to where we buy doughnuts, as the nearest independent is about 20 miles away. There is a place- Paula's- that has awesome ones, but you had better be wearing shoulder and elbow pads because of the crowds.

orange&white, Aico & Nacho and maggiedemi purraised this.

15. maggiedemi

maggiedemi TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 26, 2017
    I can't remember where I get my beloved crumb cake donuts. It's either Dunkin or Tim Hortons. You gotta get there early though, they sell out before noon!

Aico & Nacho and NY cat man purraised this.

16. MoochNNoodles

MoochNNoodles TCS Member Veteran

Apr 30, 2005
    Where my cats are
    My kids are with my mom today and I was thinking about running out to Dunkin for a coffee. But honestly I don't know if I want to deal with lines of people wanting a free donut. :lol: (Besides; I had one yesterday because I was hangry while my Mom was at her OT appointment. :paperbag:)

My current favorite is Boston Cream. But usually I go for either a jelly or a chocolate glazed. A local orchard makes the BEST EVER apple cider donuts. You can get them literally hot and fresh and it's heavenly. :cloud9:

I have never made my own and I don't think I will. It's nice to just have one as a treat now and then. :agree:

17. DreamerRose

DreamerRose TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 11, 2015
    Naperville, IL
    I rarely eat doughnuts anymore because of the calories, but the jelly- and cream-filled ones are my favorites. Love those doughnut holes, too.

18. micknsnicks2mom

micknsnicks2mom TCS Member Top Cat

Feb 15, 2014
    ...with the cats...
    i like doughnuts! :yummy: my favorites are glazed, plain or with powdered sugar cake, and of course jelly doughnuts with powdered sugar on them.

Aico & Nacho purraised this.

19. susanm9006

susanm9006 Willow Top Cat

Feb 20, 2011
    A fresh fried cake donut with chocolate frosting is my absolute favorite. Second would be a chocolate cake donut, glazed and covered in coconut.

maggiedemi and Aico & Nacho purraised this.

20. Lari

Lari TCS Member Top Cat

Nov 18, 2017
    I also love Boston or Bavarian cream.

And pączki. I've had some interesting flavors of those.

maggiedemi, artiemom and Aico & Nacho purraised this.