Question Of The Day, Friday, June 7

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :yess:

Today is National Doughnut Day. DD is offering a free donut with a purchase of coffee.

What is your favorite doughnut flavor? Do you like sprinkles or frosting? Where do you usually buy your doughnuts? Do you make doughnuts?

When we go to DD (Dunkin), I like their sourdough glazed or sourdough powdered. I also like peanut butter filled. But really, I like pretty much all doughnuts.

We make yeast doughnuts usually once a year, in the spring, for Fastnacht Day or Shrove Tuesday. My doughnuts, though, are made either the weekend before or the weekend after. I didn't get any made this year and Rick's mother is still asking me about doughnuts. She keeps saying "Doughnuts taste good any time!" and she's right. :yummy:

How about you? Do you like doughnuts?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I grew up on DD donuts. I always get the glazed. I If I'm getting Munchkins, I'll eat whatever is in the box but for some reason I would never buy a whole donut of, say, jelly filled in it's own :dunno:

I really like Apple cider donuts from a local grocery store but those are only available during the fall.

I don't care for savory / trendy donuts but a local independent donut shop makes a really good maple bacon donut :yummy:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Asking me if I like donuts is like asking me is the sky blue,

Krispy Creme glazed are my fave, the jelly and strawberry frosted with sprinkled from Dunkin, and there is a local bakery, Anne's Pastries that makes the best peanut butter creme sticks (French Silk pie)

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I grew up on DD donuts. I always get the glazed. I If I'm getting Munchkins, I'll eat whatever is in the box but for some reason I would never buy a whole donut of, say, jelly filled in it's own :dunno:

I really like Apple cider donuts from a local grocery store but those are only available during the fall.

I don't care for savory / trendy donuts but a local independent donut shop makes a really good maple bacon donut :yummy:

Wowza, that maple-bacon looks amazing!!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like donuts :D. My favorites are blueberry cake, Krispy Kreme lemon filled, Boston cream, and apple fritters/bear claws. But any donut is fine with me.

There's a local bakery that makes "zebra donuts", with chocolate dough twisted with the plain dough. The bitterness of the chocolate dough goes great with the general sweetness. They're the best. Also very much in demand---if you don't order the day before, you're really taking your chances! They sell out very quickly.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have little choice as to where we buy doughnuts, as the nearest independent is about 20 miles away. There is a place- Paula's- that has awesome ones, but you had better be wearing shoulder and elbow pads because of the crowds.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't remember where I get my beloved crumb cake donuts. It's either Dunkin or Tim Hortons. You gotta get there early though, they sell out before noon!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My kids are with my mom today and I was thinking about running out to Dunkin for a coffee. But honestly I don't know if I want to deal with lines of people wanting a free donut. :lol: (Besides; I had one yesterday because I was hangry while my Mom was at her OT appointment. :paperbag:)

My current favorite is Boston Cream. But usually I go for either a jelly or a chocolate glazed. A local orchard makes the BEST EVER apple cider donuts. You can get them literally hot and fresh and it's heavenly. :cloud9:

I have never made my own and I don't think I will. It's nice to just have one as a treat now and then. :agree: