Question of the Day, Friday, June 26

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tomatoes without a doubt. I picked my first one monday and my second yesterday. There's no taste like them.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
carrots and radishes are probably at the top of my list. I even have a radish tattoo. They are so versatile. I HATE cooked carrots (but love carrot cake, obvs), but I can eat radish whether they're cooked, raw, or pickled! Radish kimchi (kkakdugi--such a fun word) is the only kind of kimchi I like!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Have any of you ever had a home grown cabbage? Fantastic
Yes!! My fil had a huge garden, first time I had ever had most veggies freshly picked from a garden.
Cabbage, sooo good! He would go out early on weekend mornings, bring in fresh potatoes and fry
them with onions, nothing like it He grew up on a farm in the region of Calabria, Italy, and even though
he emigrated to US when he was a young man, he remembered how to grow. Ah!! the tomatoes, so
many different kinds and perfection......can't wait for them!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Heck, yes. That was standard procedure when I was a kid. The residual dirt just added texture.
Everyone knows a healthy diet of dirt, raw vegetables and cat hair is the best guarantee that a kid will grow up to be big and strong.

;)

I wish I could grow vegetables, but I haven't had much luck up here. I really love spinach, rocket and crisp lettuce.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Tomatoes! We've had lettuce for a while now and cucumbers for about two weeks, but the tomatoes are just starting to get ripe.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Peas, broccoli, carrots, and corn. I've only grown peas and carrots myself out of those four, though.

Roxabelle

Human slave to Sinclair the Kitten
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Artichokes are my favourite in any format! I wonder if they’ll ever get their own emoji...