Question Of The Day, Friday, June 23

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :hyper: I'm waiting for the weekend!

We are getting close to the Fourth of July holiday. Lots of picnics, lots of fireworks, lot of time with family and friends. Lots of burgers and hot dogs to grill, too!

Around here, Rick makes the burgers and he's getting family-famous for his hamburgers now. 1/3-pounders, grilled only. Ketchup and mustard with some bacon and blue cheese. I also like caramelized onions on mine. I make zucchini relish and it's better than any pickle relish you'll find in the store. On a grilled garlic-buttered bun.

What do you like on your burger?

Mystikal kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
On my burger I like the normal stuff- lettuce, tomato, onion, ketchup, mustard, relish, mayo, bacon, cheese ( white cheese only), banana peppers. Oh yeah bread and butter pickles- got to have my bread and butter pickles.:yummy:
I don't know how I'm even able to take a bite when I go to eat it- must have a mouth like a snakes (LOL:lol:).
I have been known to add a little bit of taco seasoning mix, taco sauce or salsa to the hamburger just for a variety of flavor and something new.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I eat veggie burgers from our local farmer's market with spinach hummus, tomato and lettuce. Sometimes red pepper or zucchini too. :yummy:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For a regular burger: raw onions (preferably diced but sliced is fine), lettuce, dill pickles (I can't stand sweet/bread and butter pickles in any context), cheese, bacon, ketchup, yellow mustard, mayo, and EXTRA tomatoes (as many slices as I can cram in there)!

I'm also willing to try a lot of different kinds of fancy burgers, but when it comes down to it the basics are best :D.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, this question and the delicious answers have me getting ready, at this moment, heading to the store for some nice ground beef!

I will gladly eat a burger on a grilled Kaiser roll with any of the following: cheddar cheese, ketchup, blue cheese, dill relish, thinly-sliced red onion.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love burgers!! My favorites are mushroom and swiss and cheddar with pickles and ketchup. I gave DH Bobby Flay's burger cookbook for Valentine's Day and we've been eating our way through it from front to back. So far we've only been under impressed with one of them, but I forgot which one.

Now I'm hungry for a hamburger!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, I have to agree with amysuen amysuen that a mushroom and swiss burger is a lovely thing, indeed. But failing that, on a regular hamburger, I want catsup and mustard. On a cheeseburger, I want mayo and onions, and CHEESE ON BOTH SIDES!!! And yes, I can do that without totally gunking up the pan. On a grill, it's a bit harder.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I want my burger medium rare. Grilled over charcoal. Soft bun. Hellmann's mayo. A little ketchup. Onion, lettuce, tomato and of course bacon on the burger with some crispy bacon on the side because why not?

IMO Mustard should never, ever, ever touch a burger or beef in general. No. just NO.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmmm......grilled burgers are the best. i think my 'standard' burger has american cheese, either ketchup or mustard (not both), and i'm always fine with pickle slices (either dill or sweet bread & butter). but i think i'd like to try topping a burger with some pesto-mayo, a tomato slice, feta cheese crumbles -- that just sounds like it would taste so good to me. :yummy:

oh, and bacon is fine too -- most definitely bacon, and a generous amount of it too!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

IMO Mustard should never, ever, ever touch a burger or beef in general. No. just NO.

Right on!!! I hate Mustard. As for mayo I like the vegan Vegenaise with grape seed oil. On the internet it cost $6.79 for a 32 oz jar. I've been paying $8.99 for it at Mom's Organic store. It's the best mayo I ever had. It also shows that Hellman makes a vegan mayo. It's a 24 oz at $3.99 at Target. I will have to go there to see if I can find it. I like honey mustard but not plain mustard. UGH!!!

Muffy

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Right on!!! I hate Mustard. As for mayo I like the vegan Vegenaise with grape seed oil. On the internet it cost $6.79 for a 32 oz jar. I've been paying $8.99 for it at Mom's Organic store. It's the best mayo I ever had. It also shows that Hellman makes a vegan mayo. It's a 24 oz at $3.99 at Target. I will have to go there to see if I can find it. I like honey mustard but not plain mustard. UGH!!!

Muffy
See if your store carries Just Mayo. It is vegan also and it's very good. I think most people would not be able to tell it was unless someone told them. Their garlic mayo is even better than the regular if you can find it. Wal Mart carries it. It's not much more expensive than Hellmann's or Kraft.

Just

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
All these suggests sound heavenly! I am not picky but it must have pickles!! I love mayo and ketchup together too. Anything on it is good!! Gonna get some burgers this week! There's these frozen ones with onions in them-the box is yellow-they are pricy but so good! For a frozen burger! I have no luck with home made patties=they always break apart when flipping.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Bacon, cheddar or blue cheese and maybe ketchup. A local restaurant makes a mac and cheese burger where they top it with spicy mac and cheese. It's delicious.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There aren't many ways I don't like a burger to be honest. :lol: It just depends on my mood.

Sometimes it's Colby Jack cheese with mayo and dijon or spicy brown mustard, and pickles (bread and butter are my fav; but sometimes I want dill). Sometimes it's gotta have cheddar or bacon, lettuce and tomato. Sometimes BBQ sauce and those crunchy onion "shoe strings". Bob Evan's has a chipotle sauce that is good on them too. :yummy:

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I want my burger medium rare. Grilled over charcoal. Soft bun. Hellmann's mayo. A little ketchup. Onion, lettuce, tomato and of course bacon on the burger with some crispy bacon on the side because why not?

Yummmm!!! ITA about mustard. But it's perfect on hot dogs.