Question of the Day, Friday, June 18

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
depends i kinda like the hermit(cell) type living i have my tarantulas ,graycie and a gf dont really feel the need to have others invading my personal space :lol:feel the same about being out other places to i like being home and not always have to be in a state of constant alert tothe who and whats going on around me.like i do anytime i step out the door.🙄life running the streets

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We rarely have people over, only direct family from my mum's side. We never have people stay over. My mum would freak, I'd be super uncomfortable, it's a big no. When I tried sleepovers here as a kid, I really disliked it. And that was just for one night. I can barely handle staying at someone else's place for one night, let alone have them in my house. So it's a no from me.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
If they are my brother and his family, I would not mind even if they stay for a month. Actually two of his kids are now living in my house since the pandemic began.

If they are my in-laws, 3 days is too long enough. LOL.

I usually prefer the quiet. And I do not like it when some people come over and clutter.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am introverted so its hard for me. We don’t have any extra bedrooms anymore either. I usually stay up late to get my alone time and decompress. The few times we’ve had people stay it feels like being “on” 24/7. If we had real guest space I might not mind as much. This house plan I’m in love with has a master sitting room and 4 bedrooms upstairs with another in the basement (that id use as a school room!). MIL came to help both times when the kids were newborns and it was both helpful and exhausting. Fortunately I have a great MIL!

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’m not a big fan of people staying over anymore! Not since my cat was let out of the house and still hasn’t returned to me! I’m still furious about it! Unless my youngest daughter decided to move back home , my answer is going to be no one stays here anymore.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I have a tiny house and use it for my work so it's tricky, but I do love having people to stay and would if I could.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
When my sister comes to visit she usually spends several nights at our house and I didn't mind at all - she's the perfect guest. We even run together in the morning. But when my daughter(s) had sleep overs it drove me nuts. One time I had girls sleeping in the family room, my daughter's room and the spare bedroom. Fortunately everyone liked our cat(s) and dog. 🐾

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

How do you feel about having company staying over at your home for a few days? I'm talking about a weekend, perhaps a long weekend. Would it bother you?

I love it. Before she moved down south, I had a GF who would come and stay for a couple days. Or I'd visit with her. Another friend would come and stay as well and we always had such a good time. I love people visiting. I don't know if you remember LaRussa/Carol. She and I were close and she'd come over to visit for a few days. She didn't like to drive that far, so Rick and I would pick her up, bring her to our house, and then take her back home. We didn't do much. We'd do a bit of shopping, go out to dinner. And I always cooked. I love to cook for people.

What about you? How do you feel?
I remember LaRussa. How is she doing?

I LOVE having houseguests! We used to do it a lot before Covid. I love to cook for them and give them a nice, clean guest room. Some of my cats enjoy sleeping with some of the guests, like my BIL, who is a cat-lover. My favorite time was when DH's family arrived on Christmas Eve. I made a simple pasta and meatball dish, salad, rolls and dessert. Five of them stayed overnight, and the rest (about fifteen more) arrived Christmas morning for dinner. Even though DH's nieces are young adults, I made Christmas stockings for them and their Dad, and put them on their bedposts while they were sleeping as a surprise. That was also the day my new car arrived (my first SUV), and DH took BIL and nieces out to a movie after dinner on Christmas Eve in it. That was the BEST Christmas I ever had!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Our guest bedroom is officially the "cats' room" also.
So's mine! I just cover the made-up bed with clear plastic, and throw cat blankets on it, so they don't fur up the bedspread. I hide all of that before the guests arrive, when I clean the room. I have to lock them (the cats, not the guests) out, which they are NOT happy about.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So's mine! I just cover the made-up bed with clear plastic, and throw cat blankets on it, so they don't fur up the bedspread. I hide all of that before the guests arrive, when I clean the room. I have to lock them (the cats, not the guests) out, which they are NOT happy about.
When we have guests we put them up in a hotel :lol:

Actually, the only guests we've had in the last several years were my father and sister, and they are both allergic to cats. Hence, the hotel.