Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Question Of The Day, Friday, June 14

Discussion in 'The Cat Lounge' started by Winchester, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Winchester

Winchester Thread Starter TCS Member Veteran

Aug 28, 2009
    In the kitchen
    Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :yess:

Let's talk about laundry detergent. What detergent do you use? Pods, powder, or liquid? Do you use softener?

We use Tide pods and that's pretty much it. I think the pods are more expensive than liquid, but I'll pay for the convenience of tossing a pod or two in the washer. We don't use fabric softener, nor do we use dryer sheets.

What about you?

Mia6 and Aico & Nacho purraised this.

2. Kat0121

Kat0121 Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 23, 2014
    Sunny Florida
    Same. I use Tide pods too. The convenience is worth it. I use Gain fabric softener and dryer sheets. I like the moonlight breeze scent. When I wash my sheets I like to use the Dreft Blissfuls scent boosters. They smell so good.

3. LTS3

LTS3 TCS Member Staff Member Forum Helper

Aug 29, 2014
    USA
    I use liquid, Wegman's store brand for most things and Woolite Darks for, well, darks. I'm thinking of using Target's store brand Up and Up as well since it's a PITA to get to Wegman's without a ride (Lyft or bribing someone). I don't use softener or dryer sheets either. I use wool dryer balls.

4. Aico & Nacho

Aico & Nacho TCS Member Adult Cat

May 17, 2019
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I use Tide Pods as well. They're just so convenient. I don't use fabric softener except for when I wash towels or sheets/blankets and then I use Gain. I do use dryer sheets, but I don't use any particular brand. It varies.

Mia6 purraised this.

5. Mia6

Mia6 Mother of two Top Cat

Jan 22, 2017
    Ohio, USA
    Tide soap
    Suavetil Liquid- smells really good
    Suvetil Sheets

If on sale will buy Gain softener, love their Fireworks waterlily something scent

Aico & Nacho purraised this.

6. verna davies

verna davies TCS Member Staff Member Forum Helper

Feb 23, 2016
    Wales uk
    I use pods that have fabric softener included. So much easier and I'm all for that.

7. GingersFloofs

GingersFloofs TCS Member Young Cat

Jun 12, 2019
    Another Tide pod user here, but I use the kind that has fabric softener included. I do not use any dryer sheets.

8. bbdoll22

bbdoll22 TCS Member Top Cat

Nov 8, 2006
    Hudson Valley NY
    Liquid Persil regular scent.
    If washing grimy stuff aka kids sports clothes I’ll throw in a scoop of oxiclean.
    For drying I use Bounce unscented dryer sheets.

9. Graceful-Lily

Graceful-Lily *Alien* Top Cat

May 30, 2016
    Orbiting the Earth. . .
    I don't wash my own clothes so I have no clue... :paperbag:

10. jcat

jcat Mo(w)gli's can opener Staff Member Moderator

Feb 13, 2003
    Mo(w)gli Monster's Lair
    I use Frosch (Frog) liquid, which is supposedly as environmentally friendly as you can get. I don't use softener or dryer sheets, but use an antibacterial/anti-viral/anti-fungal additive when I wash my shelter clothes.

11. susanm9006

susanm9006 Willow Top Cat

Feb 20, 2011
    Liquid laundry detergent. I need non scented for sensitive skin and I like to be able to add more or less detergent depending on what I am washing. And I use fabric softener dryer sheets.

maggiedemi and Aico & Nacho purraised this.

12. Willowy

Willowy TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    I use pods, either Tide Spring Meadow or Gain Moonlight Breeze, whichever one I find on sale. I use unscented dryer sheets to cut down on static, and also wool dryer balls (I guess the balls aren't enough around here, in the winter especially). I usually put a scoop of Oxi-Clean in each load. . .I started using it just for stinky or extra dirty stuff but now it's sort of a habit, I should really get back to only using it when needed.

For stains, I use Shout spray. I bought a big thing of it at Costco a few years ago and it will probably last forever, lol.

13. neely

neely May the purr be with you Staff Member Forum Helper

Dec 22, 2005
    :yeah: Ditto!

I use All liquid laundry detergent and use more for dirty or heavier clothes items. I generally use Bounce dryer sheets. Both are free & clear of scents.

maggiedemi purraised this.

14. muffy

muffy TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 9, 2014
    Maryland
    I use All pod for sensitive skin. For fabric softener I use liquid Gain. A small bottle. I can't deal with the heavy plastic jugs.
    For stains I use either Spray & Wash or Shout. They both work well.

15. Tobermorey

Tobermorey TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 13, 2017
    Oregon

16. micknsnicks2mom

micknsnicks2mom TCS Member Top Cat

Feb 15, 2014
    ...with the cats...
    i use Wegmans brand liquid detergent, and instead of fabric softener i use white vinegar. the white vinegar also does a really good job of getting the detergent out of towels (which seem to want to 'hold on to' detergent). i use Wegmans brand dryer sheets, too.

margecat and Aico & Nacho purraised this.

17. Lari

Lari TCS Member Top Cat

Nov 18, 2017
    We use Tide. Apparently we can't use the "he" ones because our washer isn't high efficiency? It's okay, but not great.

When I get bad stains I love to just soak clothes in oxi-clean. That stuff's amazing.

18. Willowy

Willowy TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 1, 2009
    South Dakota
    You can use HE detergent in a regular machine, but should not use regular detergent in an HE machine. This is because HE detergent is low-sudsing, and won't make an HE machine bubble over. But less sudsing won't hurt a regular machine and the clothes will get just as clean.

maggiedemi and Lari purraised this.

19. betsygee

betsygee Don't believe everything you think. Staff Member Moderator

Mar 17, 2013
    Monterey, CA, USA
    I use Zum liquid soap by Indigo Wild, very environmentally friendly. That’s it, no dryer sheets or softeners.

Tobermorey and Aico & Nacho purraised this.

20. TJW80

TJW80 TCS Member Kitten

Jun 14, 2019
    My wife and I use Tide liquid detergent that has a touch of Downy fabric softener added in. We use dryer sheets too, but the kind varies. Right now I think my wife is into using the Snuggle brand.