Question of the day Friday July 8

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
mani mani what does it mean ?
It's Sanskrit; a healing mantra and it's pretty obscure.
This is a translation from a friend of mine who was a Sanskrit scholar:
To pure consciousness who nourishes all beings, may we be liberated from our belief in our transient nature for the sake of knowledge of our immortal nature, and then a bit about cucumbers that has meaning in the ancient texts, but is hard to translate now.

Sorry you asked? :lol:
I do a lot of mantra chanting and actually prefer to just go into the sound as a lot of the translations are a bit obscure. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
It's Sanskrit; a healing mantra and it's pretty obscure.
This is a translation from a friend of mine who was a Sanskrit scholar:
To pure consciousness who nourishes all beings, may we be liberated from our belief in our transient nature for the sake of knowledge of our immortal nature, and then a bit about cucumbers that has meaning in the ancient texts, but is hard to translate now.

Sorry you asked? :lol:
I do a lot of mantra chanting and actually prefer to just go into the sound as a lot of the translations are a bit obscure. :)
mani mani no i thought that was interesting . im not sorry i asked at all

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldn't do it. Nope, nope, nope.
:yeah: I wouldn't do it either but that's only because many years ago I went to get a trim and the stylist cut my hair super short. It took two years to grow out and I swore I would never let someone do that again. :nono: But if I changed my mind I'd get a rainbow heart. :rbheart:

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never considered it before so had to give it a good think!

I would go along the option of picking something kitty related - if not that than maybe a rose or Viking/Nordic design.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
The last time I had my hair short was in highschool. It does not suit ne but if I have to do it again, maybe I'd put also a paw design in there somewhere. 😃

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just the thought makes me want to grab my head and protect it. :lol: I had a traumatic hair cut when I was a kid where it was really short and permed. I called it a boy-cut. And now I can't even think about short hair without my stomach turning. It doesn't look good on me either!

Now my older cousin had an American flag shaved into his hair during his college swimming days. There happened to be a meet within driving distance once so the whole family went and I remember being very fascinated by it. :lol:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think I would do that, a tattoo maybe but not a design in part of my head shaved. If I were to get a tattoo it would be a dreamcatcher tattoo. I think that would probably be too intricate to shave.

1657302170419.png