Question of the Day, Friday, July 3

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good afternoon! :wave3:

Easy question: Since Saturday is July 4th and Independence Day for Americans, there will be a lot of grilling. What is your favorite food to throw on the grill?

Around here, it's always some kind of meat. Rick loves baby backs (that's what we're having tomorrow). What about at your house?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
All grilled meat! Chicken, steak, hot dogs, kielbasa, hamburger. Just simply grilled. No sauce, basting with butter. Over charcoal! Yum.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken and Burgers. Trying to grill Pizza usually just makes a mess and/or gives charred crust, otherwise that would be my favorite grilling food.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Steaks are number one but also burgers, chicken, hot dogs. Beef or pork ribs slow smoked over cherry wood. Charcoal instead of gas for me.

Cloverthekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good afternoon! :wave3:

Easy question: Since Saturday is July 4th and Independence Day for Americans, there will be a lot of grilling. What is your favorite food to throw on the grill?

Around here, it's always some kind of meat. Rick loves baby backs (that's what we're having tomorrow). What about at your house?
Burgers , chicken .
What else other than meat would you grill?

Umm.. maybe potatoes and veggies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Burgers and hotdogs. I don’t eat hotdogs often; but one grilled hotdog a summer is just good!

My stepdad makes a really good grilled salmon too. Shrimp is next on my list.

Cloverthekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
What else other than meat would you grill?
There are other members on TCS besides myself who are vegetarian and don't eat meat. I love a portobello mushroom on the grill, it makes a yummy sandwich with grilled onions and peppers. :yummy:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Some people grill fruits like peaches or pineapple. Potatoes can be grilled. In foil packets with or without onions, peppers, etc with butter and seasonings. They can also be grilled as is.

Grilled Potato Slices

Grilled Bacon Potatoes

8 Hot Tips to Make the Best Grilled Fruit
We’re doing that tonight—foil packets with potatoes, bell peppers, onions. Also doing corn on the cob with cilantro lime butter.

There are other members on TCS besides myself who are vegetarian and don't eat meat. I love a portobello mushroom on the grill, it makes a yummy sandwich with grilled onions and peppers. :yummy:
:yeah: I‘m grilling tofu to go with the veggies.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is some fruit that is really good grilled. Not to the point of being mushy just enough to get grill marks and some of the grilled flavor. I have had pineapple and peaches grilled that were good.

Fresh corn on the cob is good grilled as well.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meats and veggies mostly,but I also love grilled breads and pizza and also fruit.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I do occasionally do a burger or a steak but my preference Is hot dogs. That was my dinner tonight, if fact.