question of the day Friday July 29th 2022

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
vanilla,apple pie,bread baking,patchouli,I have a maple and pumpkin candle that is to die for.Actually I have a boat load of candles...all are PartyLite...many fragrances that I love.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
do you guys have a wax melter or use incense ?
I use essential oil in a diffuser.
But my favourite is rainforest.. driving through with the windows down and breathing deeply.. or better still, strolling through.

Of the oils, sandalwood (although terribly expensive to get the real stuff), bergamot and ylang ylang.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Coffee, the flowers in my garden, smell of the ocean and newly cut grass for me too.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
  1. Gardenias
  2. Sandalwood
  3. Lemon
  4. roses
  5. bread
  6. cheeseburgers
  7. pizza
  8. juniper-berries
  9. eucalyptus
  10. lilac

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I keep thinking of more I like.

I use a Scentsy warmer and change it up based on the season. I was never a fan of candles because of the flame; but now with only a senior cat and wax that doesn’t get too hot I enjoy it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep thinking of more I like.

I use a Scentsy warmer and change it up based on the season. I was never a fan of candles because of the flame; but now with only a senior cat and wax that doesn’t get too hot I enjoy it!
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles i love scentsy too but its too expensive though ... i get my waxes from other places ... not as expensive that way

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Patchouli, freshly baked bread or anything freshly baked or baking. Cookies. brownies, etc. Coffee brewing, orange blossoms, jasmine, roses, vanilla, chocolate. I love the smell of tomato plants but I hate the taste of fresh basil because it tastes like the scent of tomato plants. I try to rationalize that but cannot other than to say that while I like the smell of a tomato plant, I'd never want to take a bite out of the vine. :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Patchouli, freshly baked bread or anything freshly baked or baking. Cookies. brownies, etc. Coffee brewing, orange blossoms, jasmine, roses, vanilla, chocolate. I love the smell of tomato plants but I hate the taste of fresh basil because it tastes like the scent of tomato plants. I try to rationalize that but cannot other than to say that while I like the smell of a tomato plant, I'd never want to take a bite out of the vine. :lol:
Tomato plants do have a fresh fragrance. I know what you mean about them. Its not as strong as an herb; but different from other things I grow.

Patchouli is one I don’t get. So many people I know love it in fragrance oils and soaps but its one I don’t care for. Maybe its like the taste of cilantro where its genetic if you love it or not.:dunno:

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles i love scentsy too but its too expensive though ... i get my waxes from other places ... not as expensive that way
It can be. Especially if you have multiple warmers you keep going at once. I won a warmer years ago but didn’t get into it then because it seemed like an unnecessary expense when I was buying diapers and formula all the time. Some people who were die-hard candle people say they spend less in the long run. We did sell a lot of Yankee Candles when I worked for Hallmark so maybe. :dunno:

My house isn’t very big so one warmer will sometimes give fragrance across the whole house. I use 2 cubes at once for 3 days. So one bar is 12 days worth. And I always do the deal where you bundle and get like 6 for $30. I also don’t turn it on when we aren’t going to be home; so that stretches it so it works for me. It’s become my positive thing to enjoy on hard days. Sort of like my morning coffee. :lol:And I support my Bestie’s sister buying from her. DS loves it so much I keep saying he needs to sell it himself. I bet people would buy from an enterprising cute kid. :lol: (Because I’m sure not getting him his own anytime soon!;))

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Patchouli is one I don’t get. So many people I know love it in fragrance oils and soaps but its one I don’t care for. Maybe its like the taste of cilantro where its genetic if you love it or not.:dunno:
I'm with you on this when it's on its own but it can make a lovely base note in a blend.