Question of the Day, Friday, July 23

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good evening! :wave3:

Do you wear jewelry? What jewelry do you wear?

Since I retired, I don't wear any jewelry. I haven't worn my wedding ring in well over 30 years. Rick lost his ring. It doesn't seem important to either one of us. We've been married for 50 years and we know we're married. I have pierced ears, but no longer wear earrings. I used to wear my Fitbit, but since I fractured that blasted tibia, there's no reason to even wear that.

What about you?

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wear earrings mostly--double pierced left ear, single pierced right ear. I usually wear the pair in the left ear and something co-ordinated in the right. Sometimes, I wear necklaces, but that's pretty much only when the top I'm wearing is plain. Recently, as part of my bedroom re-do, I bought a new piece of furniture which is a full-length mirror that conceals a jewelry box. Since I got that, I have been wearing more jewelry than before because it's easier to see the options/keep things organized.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty much just my wedding and engagement rings on a daily basis. I got my ears pierced when I was a kid, but haven't worn earrings in over a decade. I'll occasionally wear a necklace when I'm dressing up.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always have a necklace on (mainly because I can fidget with it). I also have a double piercing and always have earrings in all of the holes. I sometimes wear bracelets (usually for the same reason as a necklace), and I always have a watch on.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do wear my little stud earrings everyday, and a set of sleepers (I have 2 holes on each ear)..I never take them out except to clean them. I also have a belly ring that although I'll never show it off again :tongue: I just can't take it out....you know by some miracle that I'll have a nice flat tummy again :lol: (.....it could happen) and perhaps reverse my age by 20 years...:rolleyes2:
I don't wear anything other than that when I go to work as it just gets in the way. But when I leave the house to do errands or just "go out" I do put my rings on (wedding and a couple special ones). It's weird, when I leave the house for work, I feel perfectly fine without my rings, but if I leave for anything else...I feel naked without them.
I want to wear other jewelry as I have some really pretty things, but never really think to put it on unless I go somewhere "fancy" or special. It doesn't help that I'm allergic to anything other than gold and will get little blister rashes (looks like eczema) where it touches my skin for more than a couple hours...

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. Not at all. I've tried to with some pieces, but I ultimately end up no longer wearing it and I forget about it or I just don't like how it feels.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, I do. I love jewelry and accessories.

I have a lot of piercings so I wear surgical steal ball close hoops in those most of the time. 5 in each ear at the moment. I'm also wearing a silver snake chain bracelet today.

I have a lot of pendants. Things I've collected from various places I've been or gifts from people. I don't wear a pendant every day, they tend to get in the way when I'm practicing yoga, but I put one on whenever I'm going out anywhere socially.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I wear my wedding and engagement ring, a watch, sometimes a bracelet and always wear earrings especially long hanging ones or hoops. I buy most of my earrings at art fairs because they're handmade and unique.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I dont like jewelry. Only earrings, and I don't even really like to wear them but I once tried leaving them out for a year and I don't like how the empty holes look so I guess I'm stuck with them :tongue: . Right now I'm wearing medium-thick huggie hoops, probably haven't taken them out for over a year, I don't remember. I got a pack of 5 different colors, and am wearing the oil-slick rainbow pair. I can't wear the yellow gold ones, because yellow looks terrible on my skin tone, but I keep saying I'm going to change to the rose gold or silver or black ones but I haven't yet been motivated enough to dig them out of wherever I put them.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I worked,I wore jewelry all the time,and my watch.I wear my wedding ring every day,but haven't worn any of my other jewelry since the day after I retired.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I can only wear 18K gold or platinum without breaking out so at this point in time, no.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I wear my wedding ring everyday.
And earrings. I never take them off.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always wear a ring I got in Deadwood, CO, made of Black Hills gold. When I go out, I wear earrings. Never could stand bracelets, but sometimes wear pendant necklaces

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, I do. I love jewelry and accessories.

I have a lot of piercings so I wear surgical steal ball close hoops in those most of the time. 5 in each ear at the moment. I'm also wearing a silver snake chain bracelet today.

I have a lot of pendants. Things I've collected from various places I've been or gifts from people. I don't wear a pendant every day, they tend to get in the way when I'm practicing yoga, but I put one on whenever I'm going out anywhere socially.
Me, too! Most of my jewelry is sterling silver with natural stones--earrings, pendants, and rings. Usually I pick up a piece of jewelry as a souvenir when I'm traveling, so most of what I have is a reminder of someplace I've visited. I have three holes in each ear and wear small studs in the upper ones and more dangly ones in the lower ones. If I'm going out, I typically wear all the earrings, 3-4 rings, a bracelet and a pendant. When I pack for a trip, I probably spend as much time picking out which jewelry to take as I do my clothing. :lol:

When I'm home, though, it's a different story. All that stuff gets in the way if I'm working around the house or exercising, so I only wear my Apple watch and the small earrings that I never take out.