Question of the Day, Friday, January 8

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

Have you ever been in the hospital?

First time I was ever in the hospital overnight was when I had my son. A couple years later, I went in for a tubal ligation. A few years after that, I had a complete hysterectomy. Gall bladder surgery was done as a same day surgery and I went home that afternoon. Same with knee surgery. That's been it. So far.

What about you?

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only twice with the birth of my children. I also spent a week in the hospital when my youngest was 7 and had his appendix taken out. I couldn't leave him by himself with good conscience so they brought in a roll away bed for me. He tearfully asked me if he was going to die. :sniffle:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Hospitalized five times. Twice as a teen for a total of four weeks. Testing wasn’t that good then and in the end after exploratory surgery it was just a bad appendix. Once to deliver my son. And twice in my twenties and 30’s, probably nine days in total for surgeries, related to endometriosis.

Also a number of outpatient/same day surgeries - laparoscopies, shoulder surgery, and carpel tunnel surgery on both hands.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once at age six to repair a hernia- I tried to pick up a wet hay bale; again for surgery for two blown out lumbar discs; and lastly for observation after a bout of chest pain and weakness.
Aside from that, I've been to the E.R. four times for various injuries that required stitches- three times to my left, dominant, hand and once to my face after getting hit by a large piece of steel shaft that cost me two teeth and around 50 total stitches, both inside and outside my mouth. Great fun, that.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A year and a half ago, when I almost died of anorexia, stomach & bowels busted into each other and I almost died from the infection. Got a blood transfusion and they went in and repaired the hole and stitched me back up. Was in the hospital about 8 days, then got admitted again when I just couldn't get well. Edema, pneumonia, bowel blockage. Then had to go back to the ER when my stitches got infected when I showered too soon. They scraped it out and packed it. I had to learn how to care for an open wound for several weeks and bandage it myself.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was around 5 or so I was in the hospital for a tonsillectomy. Then around age 25 I was in because I had a large ovarian cyst that had to be removed, and also the ovary. After the surgery I had internal bleeding and they had to go back in and fix it. I was very lucky though, because I heard later that the surgeon who had operated on me later operated on some woman and removed the wrong kidney! The only other time I was anywhere overnight was when I went to the ER with chest pains and they kept me overnight. That was probably around 1985 or so. I've been for outpatient surgery for a cyst on my back, to remove a kidney stone, and cataract surgery.

My sister has been in so many times, starting when she was little when she got meningitis. She had a second bout with meningitis the following year. She's had ear surgery, stomach surgery, gall bladder surgery, hysterectomy, foot surgery. I'm sure I'm missing something. Oh yeah, congestive heart failure after getting a transfusion and D&C. We think they gave her too much blood. She hasn't had an easy time of it, but she soldiers on.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
4 knee surgeries on my right knee, deviated septum surgery, wisdom teeth removed, and when my sense of taste went away almost 7 years ago but my sense of smell stayed, I was checked for a brain tumor

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes for a few months when i had my stroke it was a horrid experience :lol:getting tied in restraints etc cause i kept trying to get out of the bed ,getting fed by a tube stuck down my nose never again i am gonna obey my doctors now in regards to my health :lol:ok i will try to listen and do as they advise

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I practically lived at the hospital during my babyhood, childhood and teen years :biggrin: It's a very long story, but this is the short jist.

Was born with kidney disease (On top of that severe hydro nephrosis and had four kidneys in total. Two and a half has since been removed) had my first major surgery as a baby, then continued with more major surgeries at the ages of 4-5,6,8 11 and so on. Spending months in the hospital after each go. Remove kidneys or parts of kidneys, reimplantation of the ureters', bladder surgery etc etc etc Been in the ER a few times. Not to brag, but my medical file is quite plush :lol:

💚