Question of the Day, Friday, January 24

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

Do you send greeting cards or Christmas cards? To whom did you send your last card?

We don't send much in the way of greeting cards at all anymore. We used to mail out Christmas cards, but stopped two years ago.

What about you?

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

Do you send greeting cards or Christmas cards? To whom did you send your last card?

We don't send much in the way of greeting cards at all anymore. We used to mail out Christmas cards, but stopped two years ago.

What about you?
Not many ..
I only sometimes send them to my aunty , in california

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sent out three Christmas cards last year and that is the end of them. I won't be sending out anymore. The only cards I will still send out is birthday cards. I brought a box of them because it is too hard to run out to the store to get one birthday card for somebody every time they have a birthday. I have a lot of nieces and nephews.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sent out three Christmas cards last year and that is the end of them. I won't be sending out anymore. The only cards I will still send out is birthday cards. I brought a box of them because it is too hard to run out to the store to get one birthday card for somebody every time they have a birthday. I have a lot of nieces and nephews.
Michele has the software from Hallmark so she can print out cards as necessary from her computer. What it costs I couldn't say.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't send out Christmas cards anymore. But I do have a lot of people I correspond with and so I do send out birthday cards, condolence cards, and lots of fancy "just because" cards. I love to get mail and being a philatelist I always look forward to the stamp as well. But by far the most important part of any letter is what the person has to say. :itslove:

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
I loved sending out Christmas Cards in the 20th century. It was expensive, but I enjoyed making a list of 40 people who cared enough about me to exchange actual physical objects through the postal system.

I know too much about computers and the internet to enjoy FREE* ad-supported virtual greeting card programmes and websites. No sense in urinating in anyone's cheerios, though, since I don't have the college degrees or years of work experience to be anything more than an eccentric expressing unpopular opinions on the internet.

I did send sign some cards at church that someone had brought in this year. She corresponds with prisoners and thought that they would enjoy our Christmas well-wishes. One of them wrote me back and he was an amazing, intelligent, and perceptive young man who has learned from his mistake.

He was released, but there are other youngsters inside who might benefit from a pen pal.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't send out Christmas cards either. I miss keeping in touch with people I haven't seen in a long time, but writing up and sending those cards at Christmas time is just too much. I send birthday cards to close friends and family.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't do Christmas cards and I rarely do birthday cards. I will sometimes send Halloween cards or birthday cards to my nieces through the mail and throw in packets of stickers, because what kid doesn't love getting mail? I hate getting cards. I always feel like I'm obligated to keep them and I don't like having to keep useless stuff. I do have cards that I have kept though because they have a special message in it or they are funny.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend of many years, a few decades actually, moved to an assisted living place in early 2019. Cognitive decline. I sent him a card once a month. Holidays - Easter, Memorial Day, Halloween - were easy to find something, other months - not so easy. I'd write a few sentences, send my love, wondered if I was wasting my time.

So I asked an acquaintance who works with the elderly. Wise woman said "Do it. You will feel good when you send it. And he will be happy when he receives the card, even if he later forgets."

He actually phoned me in September 2019, first time I had heard from him since autumn 2018, to say how much he appreciated the cards.

My friend died the night before Thanksgiving. I'm very glad I had been sending him the cards. It made me feel good when I sent them. And makes me feel good remembering that I did.

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I only give cards really to immediate family now really for Xmas and birthday.

At Christmas I prefer to give a donation to charity rather than spending money on boxes of cards. For me it's usually an animal charity of some description (either cats, racehorses or recently, Rescue and Conserve Mission Taiz Zoo Taiz, Yemen).