Question of the Day, Friday, January 17 (late)

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The Theater is always freezing so in addition to a coat I bring a warm blanket and also earplugs because it is soo loud it hurts my ears. The last movie we saw was my spouses pick and I never ever would have gone except he did not want to go without me (I did not want to see boys getting killed) so we went in the afternoon (less crowded) to see Midway. Even the views of Hawaii were dull and depressing and grey!!! Well sure, it's also too expensive but at least the seats are extremely comfortable and have the ability to slide all the way into a supine position. Also the concession food is trash but you can always sneak in fresh fruit or something healthful. My husband loved the movie.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Actually we went to the movies last week on the recommendation of my daughter/son-in-law to see Uncut Gems. Big mistake, it was awful. 👎 We don't go often and if we do it's on Discount Day, only $5.25 per person. There aren't too many movies I'm dying to see plus DH and I usually don't agree. ;)

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
I think it was some Star Wars movie or another that somebody else wanted to see and they needed me to drive them or something. I honestly don't remember. I guess I'm a bit of a snob that way.

I don't go to the movies enough because I think of entertainment as something "optional" that I can't afford or don't deserve. I don't absorb information very well in video format either. I get much more pleasure out of reading a book, even though that is not the same as going somewhere to have a shared experience with a group of people.

The story isn't always the same either. Sometimes I say things that are (perceived to be) incredibly stupid when I am talking about the book and everybody else is talking about the movie.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think it was some Star Wars movie or another that somebody else wanted to see and they needed me to drive them or something. I honestly don't remember. I guess I'm a bit of a snob that way.

I don't go to the movies enough because I think of entertainment as something "optional" that I can't afford or don't deserve. I don't absorb information very well in video format either. I get much more pleasure out of reading a book, even though that is not the same as going somewhere to have a shared experience with a group of people.

The story isn't always the same either. Sometimes I say things that are (perceived to be) incredibly stupid when I am talking about the book and everybody else is talking about the movie.
You deserve as much as anybody else!

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
The last movie I saw in a movie theater was Kurosawa's Ran. That was in 1985. Some movies are great, but most I don't like. Modern cinematography with extended extreme close-ups, extreme bright lights and sets that are too busy or dark bother me. I don't even want to talk about shakey-cam where they jerk the camera around to make it look real(?) The music just builds tension. Talking, phones and people who had seen the movie before telling everyone what happens next, no thanks!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last movie I saw in the theater was La La Land on February 5, 2017 with my dad. I only remember the exact date because it was the day before I had to start a 2-week liquid diet before I had weight loss surgery on the 20th.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rarely go to the movies as I find them boring. The last movie I went to was about 2 years ago with Jane Fonda. I don't remember the name of it. My neighbor said she was going to take me to see Cats for Christmas but that never happened. I don't expect I will be seeing anymore movies. Not even on TV.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last time I went,it was to see Steel Magnolias,and haven't been since.I'm not much of a movie person...there are very few I would call a favorite....so when they're on television,I watch them.Going to the movies is not what it used to be,in my opinion,and they've become so dang expensive!If something comes along that interests me,I'll wait and see if it comes to tv land.