Question of the Day, Friday, January 17 (late)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

My apologies for stepping on Norachan Norachan 's Saturday territory to throw my question in this morning. I remembered then forgot about it yesterday. Remember it late last night, was going to get up out of bed and, just that quickly zonked out. I am so sorry.

What was playing the last time you went to the movies? Do you go regularly? Why or why not?

I think the last movie Rick and I went to see was the first Harry Potter movie. As a rule, we don't go to the movies because they're ridiculously expensive and because nobody knows how to keep quiet during a movie anymore (and I'm not necessarily talking about kids; adults are louder). It's frustrating.

What about you?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
No problem. I often remember I've forgotten things then forget to remember them again too.

I hardly ever go to the movies, The nearest theater is at least 90 minutes drive from here, so going to see a movie takes up half the day. I went to see Bohemian Rhapsody about a year ago. I'd broken my toe so needed some distractions that didn't involve walking around too much.

People in Japan are pretty quiet in the movie theater, but I have trouble sitting down for a whole movie, so I rarely go.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back to the Future! LOL! we just don't do movies. People are too loud, too rude. We attend plays, musicals at our local theater, but as for movies, we watch them at home if we watch them at all. I really can't sit still that long. I need commercials so I can walk around, get something to drink, etc.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the last one I went to was Lion King 3D, which was worth the price of the tickets. But normally I don't like going to movie theaters. I don't like paying $15 a ticket for sticky floors, bad sound management, and being frisked for contraband candy when you walk in. I much prefer to watch at home where I can pause it and get up whenever I want and eat whatever I want.

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Last went to see Deadpool 2 when it came out in 2018. We have a staff discount shop and one of the things included is money off cinema tickets. So instead of 2 tickets costing over £20 it was about £11.

Mostly don't go because I don't get round to it and friends don't tend to have the same taste in films.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I saw The Martian (and later read the book). It was an afternoon matinee so the price was only $5. But that was the first movie I’d seen in years, and I haven’t been in a movie theater since. In addition to all of the reasons above—rude people, can’t bring snacks, no bathroom breaks—I’ll add to that that I find the sound unpleasantly loud. Also, I was living in Colorado when the Aurora, CO, theater shooting took place and theaters have made me a little nervous since then.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't go as often anymore because my current area does not have low mantinees or special day prices, and for budget reasons. I did splurge and see Joker a couple months ago. (I cried for half the movie, it was so good, but so sad!!!) I think the price was closer to $6-7 for matinee.

I used to go a lot more often back in Illinois because Marcus theaters had $5 Tuesdays all day for regular movie tickets, plus you'd get a free small popcorn with each movie ticket purchase. Miss prices that low!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it was Disney's original animated Beauty and the Beast back in the 1990s. I have never liked going to the movies. The sound is always way too loud for my ears (my ears actually get painful and make this weird crackling sound), the popcorn was way overpriced and not that good, too many annoying people talking / babies screaming / etc while the movie plays. Plus there was a bad experience where a movie theater employee singled me because I had a small helium balloon and took it away from me while a group of teens had bunches of balloons and went into a theater and he said nothing to them, maybe because of their race.

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

My apologies for stepping on Norachan Norachan 's Saturday territory to throw my question in this morning. I remembered then forgot about it yesterday. Remember it late last night, was going to get up out of bed and, just that quickly zonked out. I am so sorry.

What was playing the last time you went to the movies? Do you go regularly? Why or why not?

I think the last movie Rick and I went to see was the first Harry Potter movie. As a rule, we don't go to the movies because they're ridiculously expensive and because nobody knows how to keep quiet during a movie anymore (and I'm not necessarily talking about kids; adults are louder). It's frustrating.

What about you?
I've never been to the Cinema but my sister watched Jumanji , because that's all that was on

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the last movie I went to see was Crazy, Stupid, Love with my coworker friends after work. Didn't care for the movie, but my coworkers were romcom lovers so didn't mind just on behalf of hanging out together.

The last time I went to a movie theatre overall was to watch The Pharaoh's Daughter live by the Bolshoi Ballet. Lovely! But they stopped doing that altogether :bawling2: same with the opera and musical performances. Thanks guys, who needs culture right? Guess it didn't matter that attendance records were great.

ANYWAY I actually really enjoy going to the movie theaters and I want to go more often, but there haven't been any movies that interested me in so long :ohwell: