Question of the Day, Friday, January 15

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

About what time do you eat your main meal of the day? Is it lunch or dinner? Do you call your evening meal dinner or supper? Do you have a set time or do you just wing it?

We used to eat dinner/supper around 5:30. Til I got home and got things ready, it was usually right around that time. I'm home all the time now and, since we don't eat lunch that often, we've started eating dinner earlier, sometimes as early as 4:30. That actually works out better for me because, as a rule, I don't eat anything after 6:00 pm. Rick may munch on a bowl of cereal some nights.

What about you?

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We eat our main meal of the day- dinner- around 11a.m. or so. We eat supper around 4:30 and 5p.m. .

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lately it's whenever, lol. We used to eat dinner around 6 or 6:30, though.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breakfast is at 6am
Lunch is at 12pm
Dinner is at 6pm (We used to call it Supper when I was a kid, but now it's Dinner, I don't know why.)

The cats eat at 6am and 6pm. I call both of those meals Dinner, because that's the word they seemed to learn the quickest. They didn't respond to the word Lunch.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breakfast is at 6am
Lunch is at 12pm
Dinner is at 6pm (We used to call it Supper when I was a kid, but now it's Dinner, I don't know why.)

The cats eat at 6am and 6pm. I call both of those meals Dinner, because that's the word they seemed to learn the quickest. They didn't respond to the word Lunch.
Our girls get their wet food around 6:40AM, 3:30PM and 10:30PM. They definitely have a more set schedule than the humans do!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I interchange using dinner and supper...so....dinper? which is our main meal, is usually around 5:30 when I'm home....sometimes a bit later depending on what I'm making. I work 2 evening shifts a week, and so on those days, I eat when I get home. I usually make sure to have left overs for those two days so hubby can eat when he wants, and I don't have to cook after a late shift.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Even though I do eat breakfast I'm always starving by lunch so eat more at that time of the day. But we have dinner approx. between 6:00 - 6:30 p.m. and I eat smaller portions.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really have a set time. I work until 6pm though and I will usually eat dinner around 6:30, but sometimes I get hungry earlier so I have something sooner. It kind of depends on when I woke up and when I had lunch. On weekends, for example, I may sleep very late and just end up having lunch and then I'm hungry for dinner around 4pm.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I was trained since a kid by my Mom to eat on time. So until now I have my breakfast at max 8am (not heavy though - just a small bread and a coffee will do), Lunch at max 12 noon, and dinner at 6-7pm. My main meal of the day is at lunch, as I usually do not eat much in the morning and at night.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I don't have any set meal times and quite often skip meals altogether.

:paperbag:

Mr H and I both work long, irregular hours. Breakfast is coffee and yoga. I usually grab a sandwich or a bowl of noodles sometime in the early afternoon before I start work. Then if I have time I eat again between 6 and 8 pm, but sometimes I just work all the way through till 11 and have a bit of toast then.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I get home at 3:30. I try to have everything almost done cooking (assuming we cook...sometimes cooking is detrimental to my mental health and we order a pizza or something :paperbag: ) by the time B gets home. He showers when he gets home, so we are usually eating by 5:30/5:45. Then we clean up the kitchen together (he puts food up and tackles counters, I wash dishes and load the dishwasher) and pack the leftovers for lunch the next day.