Question of the Day, Friday, February 26

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My crew just eat dry food...no canned.They have a communal feeder in the kitchen so they can help themselves whenever they choose.Mystery has her own bowl in my bedroom....she has never liked to eat with the others,and she doesn't care for the food they eat either,so she eats wilderness blue chicken.She's a bit of a grazer and might eat a nibble or 2 and other times she may clean her bowl,so I just give her a handful at a time and she's a happy girl.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot to mention that Willow has a mealtime routine that she follows due to her paranoia that I am using food to trap or grab her. Regardless of how hungry she is, she will not go near her food unless I have left the kitchen and am sitting down in the other room. Any movement on my part once she starts eating and she will tear off to the basement. So I need to be sure I have my coffee and what ever else I may need before I set her food down so that I don’t need to get up before she finishes.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Diamond jumps right in and eats.
Seal is a light eater, but he gets right to it.
Leo is a prima donna. Usually he will sniff the food and then walk off to another room, acting disinterested. If I leave the room and do not watch him, he will come back in a few minutes and eat.
Tiger wants pets before food. Even if it's been a while since he's eaten, pets come first.
Boden is, well, a little piggy. He eats half his food and then tries to eat the other cat's food, especially Leo's food when Leo is acting disinterested. Leo is fine with this. 3 or 4 times a month, he eats the food so fast that it comes back up. He was at the vet's yesterday for his yearly and the vet said he was getting a belly. I'm going to have to keep an eye on him!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mooch starts every meal with a soup course that has some meds in it. Sometimes she will make me crumble a treat or sprinkle fish flakes on top like kitty parmasean. Then she gets her can food. She has always been a grazer. Usually she eats a bit and then goes off to wash and nap. Sometimes she waits after having her soup to eat. Occasionally she digs in too fast and then it comes back up.

She has an elevated bowl and her own little rug to help her eat comfy. Sometimes her back legs slide out from under her on the kitchenf looring so her rug gives her some traction. She will sit on her rug waiting for treats (that have meds) and then again waiting for me to serve her soup and/or food. Sometimes she glares off in no particular direction letting me know she's not pleased with the speed of the service but she hasn't asked to speak to a manager yet. :lol: