Question of the Day, Friday, February 19

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
Thursday September 8th, 1983, 4:42pm and I was on the low end of 6lbs.
All I know was my mom wasn't gaining enough weight while pregnant with me (she's only ever been 100lbs anyway), so my dad and mom started drinking malts, eating donuts, cookies, etc.....turns out it was my dad who gained the weight 😆 and I got blamed for his gut because of it lol

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Ugh, the pitocin was the worst. I hope when we have number 2, I have contractions on my own.
I had pitocin with my first too and as they were giving it to me my body kicked into labor on it's own so I had back-to-back contractions! But I didn't need pitocin with my second so hopefully you won't either. :crossfingers:

I know I was born near the end of the week but not sure of the exact day or time. :dunno:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was actually due in early October, but my mom had to be induced two weeks early because her blood pressure was skyrocketing. Every time she tells me happy birthday, I think, "Thanks, I nearly killed us both."
LOL! Your poor mama. I never really thought of it that way but I had preeclampsia with both and both were early but full term. Both techically started on their own but needed to be kicked into proper gear with pitocin. :rolleyes2: It made me grateful to have babies in modern times where modern medicine can intervene and save some lives! 50/100 years ago could have ended very differently.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Saturday 11:14 am. Mom had been to her doctor that morning who told her she had another couple weeks to go. So she was out finishing her shopping when I decided show up, ten days before Christmas. Everyone forgets my birthday.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dec. 15th the year I was born was on a Monday,but I don't know the time.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Tuesday. Which must be why I'm so graceful.
:flail:

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for their living,
And the child that is born on the Sabbath day,
Is bonny, blithe, good and gay.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tuesday. Which must be why I'm so graceful.
:flail:

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for their living,
And the child that is born on the Sabbath day,
Is bonny, blithe, good and gay.
I don't usually feel loving and giving.

I should have been born on a Thursday. It would have worked better with the travel I've done.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I was born in the early morning of the 38th Tuesday of that year, with Sapphire as birth stone.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Good afternoon! :wave3:

Rick and I were one of our chatty moods this morning, one of those talks where you talk about everything under the sun. And he asked me if I knew on what day of the week I was born. I do, actually, because my mother had mentioned it a few times. I was born early on a Monday morning, right around 8:00. Obviously, I know when my son was born, at 12;58 on a Wednesday. He was actually due at 1:00 that afternoon, so he beat the doctor's guess by two minutes.

So....on what day of the week were you born? You don't have to give a month, date, or year. Just on what day were you born? Do you know?
I was born on a Friday

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Monday, around 9:15am, planned birth as I was born Cesarean because mom had so much trouble with Nicole's birth

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
8:51PM on a Friday!

Your doctor gave you a due time? Man, I only got a due date, and once I was at the hospital the afternoon my water broke (several days early), the midwife told me that the baby wasn't going to be coming until the next day (she was right and my daughter was born on a Tuesday morning).
I went into labor the night before our son was due, only I didn't realize it (I was 16 years old). I just knew that my back hurt, but didn't give it much of a thought. I didn't realize that back sign was also a sign of labor. The next morning, Rick went to work. By 10:00, I realized something was definitely wrong. My neighbor took me to the hospital. Dad got Rick from work. Rick came into the room, the doctor said, "Oh go back to work! Work until your lunch break and then come back! She'll have the baby at 1:00! Go on!" Rick went back to work and my Dad got a chair and sat outside my room until I went across the hall to the delivery room; then Dad moved the chair over to the delivery room. He worked at the hospital and everybody knew his daughter was in labor. And they also knew that there was no way they were moving my father away from that door. And my doctor was right; our son was born at 12:58 pm. Rick said I was a beautiful shade of green. Dad never said a word; his tears said it all. :redheartpump: