Question of the Day, Friday, February 19

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good afternoon! :wave3:

Rick and I were one of our chatty moods this morning, one of those talks where you talk about everything under the sun. And he asked me if I knew on what day of the week I was born. I do, actually, because my mother had mentioned it a few times. I was born early on a Monday morning, right around 8:00. Obviously, I know when my son was born, at 12;58 on a Wednesday. He was actually due at 1:00 that afternoon, so he beat the doctor's guess by two minutes.

So....on what day of the week were you born? You don't have to give a month, date, or year. Just on what day were you born? Do you know?

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to go back and look. A Sunday. I know it was sometime in the evening, but I’m not sure exactly what time it was

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
8:51PM on a Friday!

Your doctor gave you a due time? Man, I only got a due date, and once I was at the hospital the afternoon my water broke (several days early), the midwife told me that the baby wasn't going to be coming until the next day (she was right and my daughter was born on a Tuesday morning).

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
1:09 on a Tuesday. I remember because Mom always said "Tuesday's child is full of grace."

She also liked to relive the memories every year even though I found it mortifying and really still do. :lol: She limits it to texting or calling at that exact time now. :lol:

Your doctor gave you a due time? Man, I only got a due date, and once I was at the hospital the afternoon my water broke (several days early), the midwife told me that the baby wasn't going to be coming until the next day (she was right and my daughter was born on a Tuesday morning).
I knew my conception date and mine didn't even listen to me for that! :lol: My first nurses were teasing me asking if I was trying to have a baby by midnight because I got there at 10 and 20 minutes later I was trembling all over and I'd already progressed 2cm in 20 min. But after that DD stalled and didn't get here till the next afternoon with the help of petocin. :hmmm::lol2:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was born at 1:55AM on a Sunday morning.....after an evening of dancing and bowling!

The night of my birth is quite the story too.
So after my parents got home from their night of celebration, and were getting ready for bed, my mom had a huge contraction and went into hard labor immediately. Knowing that she probably didn't have much time, because of how fast my older sister came into the world (2 hours), she knew they had to act fast. Mom grabbed the phone and called my great aunt (who lived only 2 houses away) to come and stay with my sister while they went to the hospital, as my Dad got their "to go" bag. They rushed to the car, not even waiting for my aunt to get there. My sister was sound asleep in her crib, so she was safe for the few minutes alone. As they were driving away, my Mom said she watched in the rear view mirror, as my Great Aunt was running down the street in her nightgown/housecoat to get to our house. She knew my parents would be leaving in a hurry, and got moving quick for someone who was woken up past 1 in the morning. So my Dad is rushing into town, they get there in record time, but Mom didn't even have time to get nice and settled into a delivery room before I made my debut. From that first contraction that nearly dropped my mom to the floor, to the time I was born was 23 minutes!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Early morning on a Tuesday.

(My husband was also born early morning on a Tuesday, and we both have birthdays on the first of a month.)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew my conception date and mine didn't even listen to me for that!
My mom knew exactly when my youngest brother was conceived. When you're a Navy wife and your husband is only home once in the middle of a 5-month deployment, it's fairly obvious ;). But the doctor wouldn't accept that. He set the due date something like a week later despite her protests. So when she went into labor he was like "oh, looks like the baby is a week early" and she was all "NO HE'S NOT". He came precisely the day she figured he would.

I was born on a Monday, around 1 pm I think. 6# 4 oz. Nothing too remarkable happened.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew my conception date and mine didn't even listen to me for that! :lol: My first nurses were teasing me asking if I was trying to have a baby by midnight because I got there at 10 and 20 minutes later I was trembling all over and I'd already progressed 2cm in 20 min. But after that DD stalled and didn't get here till the next afternoon with the help of petocin. :hmmm::lol2:
Ugh, the pitocin was the worst. I hope when we have number 2, I have contractions on my own.

I was charting, so I knew when I ovulated, and my due date lined up. What's funny is that at my first ultrasound she was measuring two days ahead and I was all "No, I know when I ovulated, my due date's the 31st," and they were all "We don't change it if it's less than a week, we'll keep your due date" and then she came exactly two days early just like she measured on her first ultrasound.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was actually due in early October, but my mom had to be induced two weeks early because her blood pressure was skyrocketing. Every time she tells me happy birthday, I think, "Thanks, I nearly killed us both."