Question of the Day, Friday, February 12

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
This house was built in 1980, so it's really old for a wooden framed house in Japan. We bought it 7 years ago really cheaply. Cheaper than it would have been to buy an empty plot of land of the same size. It had been empty for at least 8 years before we moved in and had hornets nesting in the wall cavities.

It's subsiding and the floor is rotten. It needs to be pulled down and rebuilt. We were all set to do that last April and then the pandemic happened, so we've lived here an extra year.

We're maybe, hopefully, possibly going to rebuild this year if things go to plan.

:crossfingers:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Our house was built in the 1970's and we've lived here almost 30 years. I've never lived in one place that long but the size was perfect after our second child was born, large fenced yard for the dog, good neighbors and the schools are great. I'm ready to downsize now but not my husband. He's not the best when it comes to change. :wink:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Our home is a 2-story, 4-bedroom house. We moved there since 2018 only. It is my dream home, a place where I could grow old with my cats and dogs when my children go off to start new lives of their own one day.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Our house was built in 1917 we’ve lived here 3 years. I’ve been told it used to be a two story. We have 2 beds and 1 bath and a sunroom/laundry room we don’t know when it was added on.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Our house is a single level, 3br 2ba. It's on 0.25 acres- small, yes, but it keeps cutting the grass easy. I really do love this house. It's the perfect size and layout, with the right amount of storage. We've been here since July 2017, so almost 4 years. However, B has applied to a job out-of-state. He had a Skype interview yesterday that he thinks went well....so we may not be here much longer...:yess: