Question of the day, Friday, December 6

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love to go look at Christmas lights! We would go as a kid. There used to be a fancy hotel/restaurant that had a drive through display. They had little buildings with scenes inside and lights all around. It was magical to me. It burnt down about 20 years ago unfortunately. When DH and I were engaged I got him to take us around. I put a Christmas CD in and we'd drive a bit looking for lights. It's not his cup of tea; but he loves me. :lol:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
No, but when we were first married, DH and I did, but we don't do it now. I don't care for a lot of the displays--they are so overdone and gaudy, and I hate those inflatable figures. I never put lights outside, I just can't be bothered to, and we have to leave the garage light on to use the outlet, so it is a waste of electrcity and money (and I pay the electric bill!).

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. that was a huge treat for us to go to Cleveland and see the stores; displays of lights and also homes around the area

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
There's a house in my neighborhood that has a light show on their house every year, donations go to St Jude's. They have it where you turn on a certain radio station and music plays in time to the light show. Really beautiful to see and it's become a tradition for me to go every year

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I'm not really interested in Xmas lights. It just looks like a bunch of clutter to me. Maybe it's because we were forbidden to celebrate? I don't know, it just doesn't interest me.