Question of the Day, Friday, December 4

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I went a little less often when the pandemic took hold, now it's just my normal routine which is about once per week. I went during "senior hours" a few times, but then felt safe so stopped that.
I haven't done pickup or delivery. I started buying ahead on beans, rice, meats, TP and paper towels when that started getting scarce but not to the stage of hoarding, and things aren't really scarce now even with the surge so I'm back to normal.
I'll have to look and see if I'm paying more! I track expenses in a budget program so I'll look at Jan. and Feb. and see.
So outside of wearing a mask and sanitizing the cart I'm mostly back to usual.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Our shopping has changed very little. Pre-pandemic, hubby shopped for groceries once a week, while I walked to small shops and picked up fresh bread, milk or the like as needed during the week. Those extra trips have fallen by the wayside, and we seem to be buying a few more non-food items online rather than watching for them to go on sale at the supermarket. We haven't tried curbside or home delivery. He does make sure he's at the store when the doors open to avoid lines and takes extra care in preparing the shopping list so he can get out of there fast.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Pre-pandemic I checked all the grocery ads and would go to several stores a week picking up whatever they had on sale. At the beginning of the pandemic, I was going to one store only, once every 2 or 2 1/2 weeks, and buying a full cart load, and running out of produce like bananas, berries, salad, between trips.

Over the summer when things settled down, I started going to both of the 2 main grocery stores each week, buying their sales, and stocking up for the fall/winter. Now I'm down to going to 1 grocery store once a week, mostly to pick up dairy and produce, and replenish non-perishables as I use them.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I haven't been to Trader Joe's since this started either. I am the same way, I don't go for necessities but I always came out with a bag full. I always got a couple of bags of their Mandarin Chicken. That store is too small though, there is no way to maintain anything like social distancing there.
Oh, yes. The Mandarin chicken. Yum! Our TJs has senior hours, and they also have been limiting the number of people who can be in the store at a time almost since the beginning of the pandemic. Still...not going. I went one time in April, but there was a line so I left. (I used to stop at the TJs at Easton when I flew in to visit my mother to buy flowers and chocolates for her. :) Our local TJs is a bit bigger.)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every 2 weeks we get an Aldi order and a Walmart order. The Aldi order is brought to our house by a girl from my mom's church. For Walmart, I place the order online and Dad goes to pick it up curbside.

We also order various items online from Amazon, Walmart, Target, Vitacost, Ebay.