Question of the Day, Friday, December 4

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning!
 And Happy Friday! 

Easy question this morning: Clear or colored lights for Christmas decorating? Which do you prefer?

I've always like colored lights, for trees and for decorating outside. To me, it looks more festive.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really like both!  But I probably prefer clear.  Especially for trees, because I have a lot of colored ornaments.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have both since my babies are little I do the colored because they like it so much. 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I grew up with and still prefer the multicolored lights.

I think the white lights are more stately looking, but I want festive! 

kind of reliving my childhood...

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good morning guys :-)

​I love multi colored, I dunno why lol

I see my neighbours decoration and it's awesome, so I don't need to put mine this year lol

Last edited:

paiger8

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I much prefer clear. I'm super OCD about everything matching, including my tree to my decor. I think clear lights just look elegant. Plus, they go better with my color scheme. 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For choice, I think I'd go clear. Mum loves coloured though, so that's what we have. Coloured are definitely the nostalgic ones for me - the lights of my childhood Christmases.

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Growing up, my folks used multicoloured lights to make it more festive looking.. But they made the mistake once to show me what a glow worm is 

I've had a thing for glow worms ever since the age of 4.. and clear coloured lights resemble glow worms.. I know they have nothing to do with Christmas. But, I can't help it!

So, clear lights it is! 

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love clear lights for our Christmas tree, but we always seem to add another color for some reason. White and red lights together is my favorite combo, but we have done some snow-and-ice themed trees so we usually use white and pale blue lights for that.

Multicolor lights are beautiful, too, but I suppose I'm a traditionalist because don't really care for the pink, purple, or orange Christmas lights.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

i definitely prefer the colored lights. but i also prefer the old style bigger bulbs, not the newer style tiny and skinny bulbs.
I love those too. You can still find them on Amazon. I don't think I've seen them in stores for a long time though 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I love those too. You can still find them on Amazon. I don't think I've seen them in stores for a long time though 
ahhh, amazon.........they offer pretty much anything. i haven't seen them in any stores here in ages either -- maybe even decades.

on a related topic -- i had to order real rubber caster cups from amazon recently. the ones i bought from walmart, and all that seem to be available in pretty much any stores, are caster cups that are some combination of plastic and rubber. i put those under the new computer desk, and the desk still very easily slid at every little bump or nudge. i needed the old style real rubber ones, because i didn't want my computer desk (with the brand new imac on it) to potentially slide across the floor...and the new computer (which is 'tethered' by cables and cords) come crashing down -- of course, because our jaspurr (like cats do) must check out the desk top now and again. the real rubber caster cups cost me less than 1/3 of the price the ineffective plastic/rubber ones did -- and free shipping, when included in my total order, with my prime membership.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

ahhh, amazon.........they offer pretty much anything. i haven't seen them in any stores here in ages either -- maybe even decades.

on a related topic -- i had to order real rubber caster cups from amazon recently. the ones i bought from walmart, and all that seem to be available in pretty much any stores, are caster cups that are some combination of plastic and rubber. i put those under the new computer desk, and the desk still very easily slid at every little bump or nudge. i needed the old style real rubber ones, because i didn't want my computer desk (with the brand new imac on it) to potentially slide across the floor...and the new computer (which is 'tethered' by cables and cords) come crashing down -- of course, because our jaspurr (like cats do) must check out the desk top now and again. the real rubber caster cups cost me less than 1/3 of the price the ineffective plastic/rubber ones did -- and free shipping, when included in my total order, with my prime membership.
They sure do

There are sellers on there who have them a little cheaper but you'll make up for it in shipping. I try to avoid dealing with private sellers whenever possible when shopping on Amazon. One of the things I love most about Amazon is their variety. Whenever I'm looking for something obscure I always check them and 99% of the time they have it. I'm not into paid memberships from stores and stuff but there's no way I'm giving up my Prime. It's worth every cent and then some. 

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

i definitely prefer the colored lights. but i also prefer the old style bigger bulbs, not the newer style tiny and skinny bulbs.
Target carries the old fashioned lights - $11.99 for a strand of 25 bulbs. But you might have to order them online? They are also on Amazon fairly reasonable.

http://www.target.com/p/25ct-multi-...Ny2h9fOfeWTTCYB-82lmMaAoIz8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

It's a mild toss-up for me, but I tend to have a preference for the multi-colored lights. As other's have said, they are more festive. I don't care much for solid colored lights like, all blue, red or green. White lights can have a dramatic effect if displayed right. With them, less is often more. I used to have a neighbor who had a huge old white farm house and she would have a white candle in each window (she probably had 10 or more windows in the front of her house!) and each had a plain green wreath with red bow. Her front door (which was red) had a big green wreath with a red bow and small white lights, and the lower bushes across the front of her house were decorated with small white lights.. Her house sat up on a hill among some big oak and evergreen trees and it was gorgeous - especially when there was snow!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's kind of a toss up  for me, I like each for different reasons.  The clear lights are more elegant looking and the multi colored ones are more festive.  I don't decorate much anymore so it's kind of a moot point for me.