Question of the Day, Friday, December 24

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: Happy Day Before Christmas! :santa:

When is your most productive time of the day? Are you a morning person or a night owl?

While I was never really much of a morning person, the mornings used to be my best time. Even when I had a day off work, I'd get up with Rick, see him off to work, and then start my day. Housecleaning or baking or whatever had to be done was done in the morning. The stereo would be blaring and the work went smoothly.

Now that we're retired, mornings are no longer productive for me at all. Rick gets up in the morning and hangs out on his iPad until noon or later. If I try to vacuum, I'm making noise. But I really hate waiting until the afternoon to get anything done! I guess it doesn't really matter overall, but it's frustrating for me.

When is your productive time?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Early mornings, definitely. I actually have the energy and the will to do something. In summer I am outside a little after 630 AM to get work done before the heat of the day drags me down. Housework is even easier in the morning. Although my motto in the summer is 'Gardening forever, housework whenever!'
Since I get up at 4 AM, a carryover from my nursing days, my cats are all on that schedule too, so even if I wanted to sleep in now that I'm retired, they won't let me!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely morning, My preference is to go to bed around 10:00 and get up around 5 or whenever Cricket meows me awake. That pattern is slipping a bit since I retired, but even going to bed later I'm not doing much except knitting and/or watching tv. Husband is the opposite, he's more productive at night.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The middle of the night. I get a second wind around 11 PM and my soul is happiest at night. The world is dark and quiet. The moonlight is soothing and gentle. There's an owl that often hangs out in one of the trees in my yard. I can hear it all night long and I love it so much. Owls are my spirit bird.

I despise mornings. They are the worst.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Early morning for me too, right after taking a cup of coffee at least.