Question of the Day, Friday, August 7

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

Let's talk about ice cream! What's your favorite flavor? How do you like your ice cream? In a sundae? An ice cream cone? A banana split? How about a milkshake? Do you like anything on your ice cream or just ice cream with nothing else?

I'm a big chocolate fan and will usually go for chocolate over any other flavor. Lately I've fallen in love with a CMP, chocolate, marshmallow, and peanuts. With whipped cream and, of course!, a cherry. Thankfully I don't get them often, once so far this year. Every once in a while, we'll make banana splits. If we get chocolate ice cream from the store, I'll make sure I have marshmallow creme on hand, too, and mix the two together. Yum

How about you? Tell us about your ice cream habit!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
In the days of Bridgemans ice cream parlors my favorite was a hot fudge marble sundae. Nothing compares with that. The only store ice cream I like is Haagen Daas and pretty much all of their flavors are great. Usually I eat them plain but some times with chocolate sauce.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Friendly's Vienna Mocha Chunk is my favorite, but I have not had it in many, many years. I put myself through my undergrad working at Friendly's, so I spent a lot of time around ice cream!

Vienna Mocha Chunk on its own, with caramel, with caramel and almonds, in coffee, in a shake... Mmmm.

(Their Peppermint Stick ice cream in a cup of hot chocolate was also amazing! But that was just during the winter.)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mostly like a nice rich vanilla (Costco's store brand is great!) because I don't like to bite into frozen chunks. But I really love a good strawberry ice cream, and Ben and Jerry's Pistachio Pistachio (if they still make it. It's been a few years since I had any).

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’ve been craving ice cream. You’re not helping Winchester Winchester ! :lol:

I’m actually not a big ice cream fan. I like an occasional blizzard or Cold Stone treat. I like when its got lots of goodies mixed in; especially berries and cookies. Right now though I want a good hard-serve ice cream. Chocolate or coffee with cookies or chocolate chunks in it. Raspberries and/or cherries too. Or the peach ice cream the local orchard makes with their own peaches. The annual peach festival was canceled. They always give free cones of peach ice cream away to everyone that day. I think that started my craving because I was thinking about missing that this year.

Once my freezer gets here and cold I can get a carton. I don’t have room right now.:sniffle:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve been craving ice cream. You’re not helping Winchester Winchester ! :lol:

I’m actually not a big ice cream fan. I like an occasional blizzard or Cold Stone treat. I like when its got lots of goodies mixed in; especially berries and cookies. Right now though I want a good hard-serve ice cream. Chocolate or coffee with cookies or chocolate chunks in it. Raspberries and/or cherries too. Or the peach ice cream the local orchard makes with their own peaches. The annual peach festival was canceled. They always give free cones of peach ice cream away to everyone that day. I think that started my craving because I was thinking about missing that this year.

Once my freezer gets here and cold I can get a carton. I don’t have room right now.:sniffle:
Mmm, Coldstone mix ins. Though I think they'd gotten rid of the white chocolate chips last time I went, which was very disappointing.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If I am having ice cream with no sauce it would be chocolate chip, the kind with lots of the shaved pieces of chocolate. I do also like vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce in the summer and hot fudge the rest of the year. That is really the same idea as chocolate chip ice cream.