Question of the day Friday August 19th

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I read...a LOT! I enjoy counted cross-stitch. I write poetry when the urge hits. I enjoy all sorts of craft things. I was giving a little five-inch "old lady" ceramic doll, sans wig. I'm going to make her a wig from embroidery floss, and dress her as a little halloween witch, find her a bitty black cat, and make her a little witch's broom from a very thin dowel and (I think) pine needles. I also turn regular jeans into bell bottoms, just for fun (and because I like bell bottoms).

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Gardening (including looking after many, many worms in several farms), knotting malas, knitting and collecting cat hair. :biggrin:
I've discovered that, for some birds, cat hair is their nest building material of choice. I collect a heap, mat it up a bit, then hang it in the trees and it goes very quickly. I also find that birds hang around quite a bit when I'm cleaning out worm farms. Much as I love my worms, I love even more the look of a magpie when they're handed a bunch of them.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Gardening (including looking after many, many worms in several farms), knotting malas, knitting and collecting cat hair. :biggrin:
I've discovered that, for some birds, cat hair is their nest building material of choice. I collect a heap, mat it up a bit, then hang it in the trees and it goes very quickly. I also find that birds hang around quite a bit when I'm cleaning out worm farms. Much as I love my worms, I love even more the look of a magpie when they're handed a bunch of them.
I will have to try cat hair collecting for the birds. Lord knows I have enough of it.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I design, make and sell jewelry on etsy (I have two shops; one is inspired by traditional Chinese jewelry, with some Mongolian-themed stuff; and a Goth jewelry shop. I'm basing the Goth on a more romantic style, mostly Georgian-period pieces. I also make, but don't sell, soap and candles. I used to do a wider variety of crafts, such as sewing, but I've decided that jewelry is my passion.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
  1. reading
  2. watching movies
  3. walking
  4. trying foods I've never had
  5. making bookmarks
  6. listening to all genres of music except country

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Photography, listening to music and collecting albums, travelling and adult colouring are my hobbies at the moment.