Question of the day Friday August 19th

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
hello everyone ! todays question is : Hobbies

What hobbies do you like to do ?

mine are : pen palling , writing short stories, video games, listening to music, latch hooking, making cat toys, shopping, watching my shows and movies and fixing to start scrap booking too

Siamese brothers mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I paint and draw, read, do all kinds of puzzles, and sew sometimes.

Attachments

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Siamese brothers mom Siamese brothers mom Such beautiful work!

I am an avid reader and will read anything I can get my hands on. I don't like sports, but will even sit down with Rick's Sports Illustrated magazines and read them from cover to cover. Some of my favorite authors are Stephen King, Preston/Child, JD Robb (although I don't really care for Nora Roberts, go figure....they're the same person), Clive Cussler (huge Pitt fan), Karen White, and many more. I just love to read. When I still went to the library, I'd peruse the aisles and, sometimes, grab a book because I liked the covers. I found some very good books that way. I also found some real zonkers, too.

I love to bake and the cooler months will find me in the kitchen. I love baking breads and rolls, cookies for Dear Richard. Seasonal pies. I enjoy experimenting; sometimes, the result is really good, other times, maybe not so much. I enjoy cooking, too. When I was still working, I liked coming home and relaxing by making dinner.

Rick is the gardener in the family. But I enjoy processing what he grows.

I love to walk. I really haven't walked much this year at all because of my knee. But since the knee surgery, I've started walking again. Yeah, it's only in the house, but I hope to get back outside when the weather cools. I don't know that I'll be able to hit the Hill from Hell (a 4.2 mile walk that includes a steep, really steep hill) any time this year, but we'll see. There's also a 6.2 mile walk that we used to do from time to time; that also include a hill that's not really steep, but very long. Rick and I used to do that walk often. We enjoy going to various places, simply to walk.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Reading and gardening are what I spend the most time on. Unless coming here is a hobby now? :rolleyes2:

I do enjoy home designing, painting, crafting and puzzles; but life is just too busy at this stage for getting into any of these regularly. But when I do I get sucked in to it for hours and it’s incredibly refreshing for my brain.:cloud9:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a lot of hobbies. I have a pottery studio in my basement, so pottery is obviously one. I also crochet, cross stitch, and write when it comes to creative hobbies. Other hobbies are reading, crossword puzzles, adult coloring books, hiking, learning new things, and dabbling in a lot of different crafty stuff that don't always turn into me being more active in it. Here's a bunch of random things I've made in the last couple of years.
20220324_164341.jpg
20220317_203358.jpg
1660926923150.png
1660927098357.png
1660927366050.png
1660927514538.png
1660927545301.png

Tibbs&Olive

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here is the diamond ring I mentioned, a dazzler. I should have said three rows of ten diamonds in my post.
. View attachment 429674
Wowza!! I think I may have to put away my fishing rod and pick up a metal detector lol.

I had a cheap one when I was a kid and the treasure I found was priceless. Or worthless, depending on how you look at it. Still, it was a lot of fun to hunt.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Wowza!! I think I may have to put away my fishing rod and pick up a metal detector lol.

I had a cheap one when I was a kid and the treasure I found was priceless. Or worthless, depending on how you look at it. Still, it was a lot of fun to hunt.
I found this in 2009. Back then most metal detectors couldn’t be submerged so those of us who had ones that could found tons of jewelry and coins in the water. Today most detectors and be fully submerged so there is a great deal of competition but still it is such a fun hobby.