Question Of The Day, Friday, August 18

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:And Happy Friday! :banana1: (Day 3 of my vacation! :banana1:It's no nice to get up in the morning and know that I don't have to go into work)

What kind of house do you live in? Is it an apartment? A condo? A single-family detached dwelling? A double dwelling? A mobile home?

We live in a single-family detached dwelling. It's a bi-level.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Happy Vacation Winchester Winchester

I live in a little house in the middle of the woods. Two floors, which is plenty of space for just the two of us and the cats.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Single family, detached. 1925 American Foursquare in Craftsman style.
It's unusual for our area as it's built from structural terracotta block, not wood frame. You see a lot of it out west, like California but not on the east coast where we are.

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Plants August 015.JPG
Single family, detached. Ranch home - one floor living. And cellar for laundry, storage, etc.

This is the house my folks built before I was born; I moved back a bit over 2 years ago. And very pleased to be back in this city!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Condo in a 4-story building. There are three buildings total in the complex so it's pretty big.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Two-story, attached garage, built in 1973. Larger than most at almost 3100 square feet. Four bedrooms, only one of which is used for sleeping. The other three are computer, workout/library, and craft. Two baths, one up, one down. We don't have basements here. The water table is too high. We use our garages for storage more than keeping cars in.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Single family, detached. 1925 American Foursquare in Craftsman style.
It's unusual for our area as it's built from structural terracotta block, not wood frame. You see a lot of it out west, like California but not on the east coast where we are.
sivyaleah sivyaleah - got photos? I've always liked the Craftsman style - and especially terracotta.

Here, it's detached everything. The old place turns 170 years old this Winter; eight bedrooms, just over 5200 square feet, plus the carriage house, garage, gardener's house and cat palace guest house. Pennsylvania limestone and terracotta outside; cat hair inside, with the occasional glimpse of wood flooring. Really more an old farmhouse than anything else, but with a rather pretty back yard.

burgoynekempestate.jpg

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am back in an apartment. I decided I didn't want to deal with a house anymore after the kids left and are established in their own homes with their own families. It is only 1 bedroom with 730 sq ft but it is plenty for just me and the two kitties. Lack of enough storage in the kitchen is the only thing that sometimes gets on my nerves. I have a washer and dryer in the apartment which is a bit unusual here for a 1 bedroom. I was actually going to get a two bedroom if I had to just to have a washer and dryer in the apartment.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A double wide (2200 sq ft) manufactured home on 40 acres. I wish it was site built, but you can't have everything unless you win the lottery.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in an 4 story brick, flat roof apartment building. I live on the second floor. The building contains 74 apartments. It is an elevated building with the parking under the building.. not a separate garage.

The building is located on a busy, mini-highway, but I live in the back of the building, away from the noise. There are private homes which I face. There are trees blocking the views of their apartments.

The Beach is a 4 minute walk from my building. I also have a good size balcony.

The apartments are huge. I lived here with my dad, so it was great. I never did move.. It is 1200 sq feet, complete with all appliances, washer, dryer, inside store room, large closets.

This was built in the 1990's when they made large apartments with tons of storage space.

I know I will never have anything this large again.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in a barn :D. Converted into living space. It's an old barn, and at some point they put corrugated metal on the outside instead of the old wood siding, so it's not as cool as it sounds. But it's OK. The loft isn't finished so I just live on the main floor and use the loft for storage.

I have 6 1/2 acres, on a state highway. I had to choose between getting an acreage off the road so the pets could roam, or being able to get to work easier in the winter. I chose work. . .it's not safe for them to roam anyway so the highway at least keeps me from starting to think they could. I plan to build an outdoor enclosure for the cats soon.

I suppose I should start saving money to build a new house in 10 or 20 years. A 100-year-old converted barn isn't going to last forever, lol.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I own a single family detached dwelling. It was built in 1983. I don't know how many feet is is but I have 2 bedrooms, living room, kitchen and a tiny basement. It is a small house but it was plenty of room for me and my 8 cats.

Because of the steps and my arthritis I would like to sell the house and get a condo or a mobile home.

Muffy

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Semi-detached single-family, 3-bedroom house built in 1959. It has 3 storeys plus a cellar, and two balconies. We also have (and rent out) the adjoining house.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
The Vincie girl. Callie, and I live in a townhouse duplex. We have a large back yard
with trees. There is a wooded area near by with a creek where the cats used to like
to frequent. I have a deck where I spend a lot of time. There are 2 bedrooms, small
living room, bath and a half. The laundry room is in the downstairs bathroom. There is
no basement so I lack storage space so I put a lot of stuff in the spare bedroom. I live
close to town so I can walk there.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I live in a small community of mobile homes. Our homes are on at least 1/4 acre lot of land so it's almost like having a real house. Mine is on a third of an acre-which gives me plenty of garden space and area to roam. the woods in the back is common land so no building. There's a brook that roars in the spring that is pretty cool. I bought my place because of the brook-I didn't care about the house.

Ok the house is a 1996 double wide 3 bedrooms no garage. I like it. I like everything on one floor. laundry is off the kitchen which makes it convenient. 2 Full baths. tons of closets-too many closets-got to purge this fall. I don't have a basement so my office room is used for storage which will soon be purged as well as seasonal stuff I don't use. I love where I live. The land has a gentle slope and is on top of a hill so I don't have to worry about flooding. I find I spend most of my time in the living room so the next place I buy will be smaller. I didn't end up needing all this space but it's nice to have room to pace during my insomnia nights.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We live in a single detached ranch style home. It is roughly 2000 square feet. It is a one story home with a finished room upstairs over the garage area.