Question of the Day, Friday, April 23

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

Let's talk about your kitchen table. Or more specifically, what's on your kitchen table. I always keep a tablecloth on the table. Right now, Tabby is parked in the middle of the table, sound asleep. Both Tabby and Muffin eat their lunch on the table; they do use plates. Yesterday's mail is on the table as well as a couple magazines. And there's an older Mennonite cookbook. I'm ashamed to say, well, no I'm not, that Tabby and Mollipop will sit on the table and watch us eat dinner. Hey, you never know, there might something in it for them. And if we have chicken, there usually is.

Is your table in your kitchen or do you have a dining room? Do you keep a tablecloth on your table? What's on your table right now? Do your cats ever get on the table?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally have a dining room open to the kitchen. There is an Amish oak 8 chair dining room table in there with a lace table runner and an arrangement of silk flowers. We only eat in there when there is company as I have a large island in the kitchen with seating. Nothing on it unless I am on the laptop (like now), my coffee cup and yes my cats are up there too when I read in the morning. They are satisfied with being on the island and I have never seen them on my counters.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a counter height table at one end of the kitchen that I never use for eating and it is Willow’s spot to look out the window and watch the birds and neighborhood activities. There is a centerpiece with fake apples in it and Willow kidnaps one or two occasionally.

I have a second table in my dining room, which is an alcove off of the living room that overlooks the back yard. This is where I eat my meals, do jigsaw puzzles and spend time on my IPad. Willow is allowed up so long as she stays on her side of the table but she rarely jumps up.

Neither has a tablecloth. Dining room has a runner on it when I am not working on a puzzle.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
My last apartment, I had a dining room area.. It was a Great Room, connecting the living room and the dining area..

Before Artie, I always had a tablecloth and flowers on it, and a couple of candle sticks on each side of the flowers.

After Artie, the flowers went, bye-bye... I placed a nice, large candle in a holder, in the center..
The candle sticks stayed. The color of the candles changed by season and tablecloth, to match...

Now, I am in a teeny tiny apartment. The teeny table is in the living room. It has 2 drop down sides and 3 days around it. The 4th chair is at my desk.

I have a lazy susan on top of a round placement, with my Alexa on top of it.The Alexa fits in a large Lighthouse Candle Holder... an old one from Yankee Candle.. Unfortunately, the tale is a repository for my mail..
Right now it also has the BP cuff and machine on it. with a notebook..

No matter what I do, Geoffrey is always surfing the table.. if I would allow it, he would be sleeping
on the tabletop... I do not mind when he jumps on the chairs..

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a table in the kitchen and a table in the dining room. I never use them except to put junk on when I'm too lazy to deal with it (which is pretty much always). Currently my dining room table has a computer monitor on it, some books, gardening supplies, my bachelor's diploma, pet enzyme cleaner, dog booties, and a pillow. It's a wide variety of crap. The kitchen table has more pet enzyme cleaner, some wall decor I need to hang up, a bunch of stuff for my bathroom (caulk remover and caulk, etc.), and a giant tote bag.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes graycie is always on the kitchen table it all starts from the breakfast bar/counter. as i begin cooking dinner by the time i finish she is usually laid out. comfy on the table waiting for head scratches while we eat our mea.l :lol:by the time i am nearly done i sometimes have a cat tail mustache from her climbing onto my shoulders and wrapping her tail around my face,:lol:we use a clear plastic covering over the table cloth makes for easy cleaning before and after meal times. luckily graycie has no real interest in human foods other than an obession or drive to knock cups or cans over. she also has a you cant scold me face that i lose against and cracks me up.:lol:guess that means i fail as a future parent when i cant maintain limits , boundaries etc of whats acceptable or not.my kid is gonna work me:lol:in the end i guess graycie just wants to be part of everything the gf and i do(getting in the way being nosey)

Attachments

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The table is in the dining area of the living room. There is always a laptop on it, the day's post and circulars, and a box of tissues - a habit which started when my daughter used to call in on her way home from work, drank a cup of tea and cried her eyes out over something her husband had done to make their divorce even more painful! 😭

No tablecloth, we use placemats at one end of the table at mealtimes. Three ot the 4 cats will often sleep on the dining chairs, but rarely on the table. The area under the table is popular since the cats have discovered that a heating pipe under the floor keeps that spot nice and warm. 💤

For want of a better place, my microchip reader for checking stray animals, dead or alive, is sitting on the table. I am only likely to need it in the immediate neighborhood so I haven't put it in my car which is often borrowed by grandchildren. If I put it away, I'll no doubt forget where I'd put it. It's too big to tie around my neck and, of course, in a black case easily overlooked. Why not bright pink?

It stays on the table which at least reminds me to keep the batteries charged. Forgot to mention the shopping list and the list of meals I'd planned for the week! And, of course, a pen or pencil!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have tables in both the dining room and kitchen. The one in the dining room has two candles with hurricane glasses, a dresser scarf my son brought back from Waterloo, Belgium, and a vase of silk hydrangeas. The kitchen one has mail, a letter box for bills, and office items. It has a laminated top so it's my office. At the moment, it also has drying vacuum filters on it.

I eat in the living room in front of the TV. :rolleyes:

My cats aren't allowed on the tables. Lily likes to sneak a peek outside from the dining room table.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My dining table is in the dining area in front of the kitchen counter. I'm embarrassed to admit what's on it right now, but for your amusement: a face mask, earphones, a handbag, a book, various papers, and my personal laptop. I'm going to tidy up this table right after typing this post!

Sushi sleeps on the dining chairs every night. Both Sushi and Ruckus will get on the table to check out what I'm eating come meal time, and both use the table as their launch pad to jump onto the kitchen counter.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Since we are in a small apartment, we have a small table in the kitchen just beside a huge window. No table cloth, no fruits there, but usually with 3 cats lounging. We have to beg them to leave each time we have to eat. Barley would obey quickly, but Graham will leave while muttering as if complaining and Bourbon with a swat.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have an "eat in kitchen" so there is an open area in the kitchen for the dining room table but we don't have and actual dining room.
It currently does not have a table cloth, but sometimes I put one on.
On my table atm I have some mail/junk mail/flyers, the air fryer, a few tupperware containers, my purse, the crock pot, some paper yard/garden bags, my roasting pan, a box of chocolates, stainless steel mixing bowls, my soup pot, a couple of frying pans, and a shoe rack (new, still in box...I need to put it together). The kitchen/dining table is the catch all surface for stuff I need to put away or don't have room for in my cupboards, but I made several batches of soup over the week so many of what's on the table right now is just because I haven't put it all away yet. Because I don't have great storage in the kitchen, many of my bigger items get stored downstairs. Aaaaaannnd, I've been lazy. :p