Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Question Of The Day, Friday, April 19

Discussion in 'The Cat Lounge' started by Winchester, Apr 19, 2019.

1. micknsnicks2mom

micknsnicks2mom TCS Member Top Cat

Feb 15, 2014
    ...with the cats...
    i like both cake and pie. my favorite pie is apple, homemade apple pie. :yummy: i have quite a few favorite cakes. :D

i do bake more cakes, than i do pies. but i also bake more bars, than i do cakes and pies. :dunno:

maggiedemi purraised this.

2. mama africa

mama africa TCS Member Top Cat

May 9, 2016
    I'd never heard of a pot pie; I thought you meant something similar to a space cake. Shame on me, @maggiedemi.

3. maggiedemi

maggiedemi TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 26, 2017
    Northern NY
    It's dinner in a pie crust. So yummy! :yummy:

NY cat man and mama africa purraised this.

4. cassiopea

cassiopea TCS Member Top Cat

May 30, 2013
    Ontario, Canada
    Cake! I don't really like pie, other then a couple of them - like coconut cream and key lime. But I enjoy along list of different types of cakes.

5. Kat0121

Kat0121 Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 23, 2014
    Sunny Florida
    I'm with you. I'd much rather have a savory pie like a beef pot pie or something like that. I used to make them with leftover prime rib from Christmas. Yum.

NY cat man and maggiedemi purraised this.

6. Mother Dragon

Mother Dragon Cat slave Top Cat

Oct 17, 2006
    Suburban Houston, TX
    Find the tuxedo cake in the cold case of the bakery, where the birthday cakes are. The ones I buy usually have big chocolate curls on top. One caution: they don't last very long (once you taste one, you'll know why!)

neely and maggiedemi purraised this.

7. MonaLyssa33

MonaLyssa33 TCS Member Super Cat

Mar 10, 2018
    Minneapolis
    Cake definitely. Anything chocolate is my friend.

8. MoochNNoodles

MoochNNoodles TCS Member Veteran

Apr 30, 2005
    Where my cats are
    Pie. My Grandma always made me apple squares; so pie in a cookie sheet, for my birthday instead of cake. It was the BEST and I miss it! The last time I had it was my 16th birthday when my Grandparents came to visit. Gram passed away a few years ago; but I was never in town for my birthday between then and now.

My favorite is my Grandma's apple pie. Since I can't get that anymore my favorite is raspberry followed closely by cherry. Then apple or any other berry. Pie is good. I don't think I've ever had a pie I didn't like. Except maybe vinegar pie. That was a unique experience. lol

9. denice

denice Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 7, 2006
    Columbus OH
    Generally I prefer pies. There are pies I don't care for, specifically any pie with raisins in it. There are favorites among cakes, specifically German chocolate and a genuine Black Forest Cake. With the German Chocolate cake it's more about the gooey coconut, pecan, caramel frosting.

10. muffy

muffy TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 9, 2014
    Maryland
    For me it is peach, blueberry or blackberry pie. You guys can keep your cakes. They don't do a thing for me.

Kat0121, NY cat man and maggiedemi purraised this.

11. Tobermorey

Tobermorey TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 13, 2017
    Oregon
    Isn’t it?! It’s too much for the two of us, unfortunately, so I usually don’t have it unless we have company or I need to take a dessert to a gathering.

I’ve bought it at Costco in three different states so hopefully your Costco carries it. Here’s a cross section:
    AA2C2CC2-7319-494F-8A95-AE6A52BC372C.jpeg

neely and maggiedemi purraised this.

12. Boris Diamond

Boris Diamond Cat Valet Top Cat

Mar 27, 2015
    Chocolate cake is my favorite cake, though I will devour many others. Pecan, black walnut or lemon meringue pies are my favorite pies! But...I'm trying to lose weight, so no sweets for a while. But I can dream!:p

13. susanm9006

susanm9006 Willow Top Cat

Feb 20, 2011
    Homemade apple pie is probably my number one choice. Cheesecake second. As far as cake, I love a jello strawberry cake or the white cake with vanilla pudding, pineapple and whipped cream,

14. Elphaba09

Elphaba09 TCS Member Alpha Cat

Sep 6, 2018
    NE Ohio
    I like both, and I typically prefer the ones I make. The pies I like or will even try are limited. For pies, I like spicy pumpkin, wet bottom shoo-fly, French silk, and pecan. (A good hazelnut caramel tart is good, too.) Cakes, I have a chocolate cake recipe that I have tinkered with for years. With it, I make one with a caramel ganache filling, one with a marshmallow filling, one that combines marshmallow and caramel ganache, one with orange cream filling, and one with chocolate ganache. I am playing around with a matcha filling. I also make a yummy chai spice cake. My favorite, however, a pumpkin carrot cake with ermine icing, although my husband and daughter prefer cream cheese. I am considering a hybrid.

15. mani

mani fervent feline fan Staff Member Moderator

Feb 28, 2012
    Australia
    I think sweet pies are more of a thing in the States than here, although we certainly have them.
    Since I've had to get rid of gluten I've discovered the Gluten Free Chocolate Fudge Cake and I'm in love. Normally it's just simple.. no icing or anything, but here's my birthday version (also posted in the Foodies thread because I was so pleased with it.. :yummy:)
    [​IMG]

16. boney girl dad

boney girl dad TCS Member Alpha Cat

Mar 13, 2016
    Indiana
    Why is life so hard? I cannot choose one over the other lol. It would be like unequal love among one's children or cats. I must have both.

Tobermorey and maggiedemi purraised this.

17. denice

denice Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 7, 2006
    Columbus OH
    I know. Even though I generally prefer pie I am not going to turn down a slice of cake. I will however turn down pie if it has raisins in it.

18. Tobermorey

Tobermorey TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 13, 2017
    Oregon
    :yeah: I turn down anything with raisins in it. :barfgreen:

19. ashekitty

ashekitty If cats could talk, they wouldn’t. Adult Cat

Jan 18, 2017
    Northern California
    Cake for sure. ESPECIALLY with ice cream.

20. rubysmama

rubysmama Forum Helper Staff Member Forum Helper

Nov 25, 2013
    Canada
    I love most desserts, except cheesecake, so I'd be like your BIL if there was a choice. I'd rather have a small taste of all of them, than a larger piece of only one.

That said, I'll always go for chocolate cake first. And wouldn't turn down lemon pie or apple pie. :yummy: