Question of the day, Friday 21 June, 2024 late edition

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. The only people who got them, plus a very in depth background check, were those who needed a top secret clearance, such as radiomen, radarmen, and missile techs, and no civilian job of mine required one.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
No and hope I never need to take one. I realize there's many reasons for doing them but always associate it with a criminal act or lawsuit like on Law & Order. :lol:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, I had to take one for my initial security clearance. I didn't have to redo it when it came up for recertification.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, though I did have to get SBI and FBI background checks and clearance. I would love to take a polygraph! But not because I was suspected of a crime. :lol:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. I'm autistic with anxiety so the idea of doing a polygraph worries me to an extreme. Because I'm autistic, I have a bit of black and white thinking, so if I was asked if I've ever stolen anything, I wouldn't know what to say. Have I intentionally stolen something from a business? No. Have I accidentally walked out of a business without paying for something? Yes. Then there's black and white questions like, "would you ever do *insert something*?" I don't know, it would depend on the circumstances. I can't 100% say I would do or not do anything.