Question of the Day - February 17, 2020

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I used to hit the library regularly. It's getting more difficult for me to read printed books now (I can still read large-print, fortunately)
and I've switched over to ebooks.

Our library was fairly close (maybe 1/2 mile) to my office, so I used to walk over once a week or so, grab some books, and come back. It's probably been six months or so. Some of the librarians knew me (I've been a regular patron for decades); even if a book was on a reserve list, when it came in, they'd call me and let me have it for a day because they knew I'd get it read. I was always really good about getting the book back so the next person on the list could get it. I always appreciated that.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I honestly haven't been to the library since my teens even though I like to read. There's a really good book shop I go to. Then the books we have read go to the charity shop.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have posted this before but thought I would again. If you use the library you should check to see if yours participates in the RB Digital library. If they do you can check out and read dozens of magazines as well as books online. I haven’t bought a magazine since I found this six or seven years ago.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Overdrive app for many libraries also has e-copies of magazines available :):)

Some libraries accept donations of used books that they either put into circulation or sell at one of their fundraisers.

Libraries these days have more than just books. Many have free classes and fun activities for all ages, ranging from crafts to author talks to potlucks based on a theme to resource info sessions for senior citizens and more. Your library web site likely has info on activities.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The Overdrive app for many libraries also has e-copies of magazines available :):)

Some libraries accept donations of used books that they either put into circulation or sell at one of their fundraisers.

Libraries these days have more than just books. Many have free classes and fun activities for all ages, ranging from crafts to author talks to potlucks based on a theme to resource info sessions for senior citizens and more. Your library web site likely has info on activities.
Our library has loads of videos to rend as well. $.50 a day for new releases and others for free checkout.