Question of the Day - February 17, 2020

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy President's Day to those in the US. Schools are closed here; but it's business as usual in my house. Not that we wouldn't enjoy a day off; but it's nice taking our time off when everyone else is in school or at work. ;)

When was the last time you visited the library?

DD had her first research project last week so we were at the county library on Thursday. I read a lot but we all have kindles so we don't need to go often. Our cards had actually expired and had to be renewed. :paperbag: DS hadn't done much of his work for the day yet; so he did it at a table in the kid's room while I helped DD learn to research and take notes. We all brought home several books to read. I had just finished an e-book I had a deal on but the rest of the series was $10 a piece so I didn't want to jump to buying it all. It dawned on me while I was there that I should look to see if they had them and they did. :yess: It was nice to read from a physical book too. The only problem I ran into there was finding the encyclopedias. She was supposed to use a book and an encyclopedia to do her research. I was standing there thinking "Do they still print those!?" :paperbag::flail:The next time we go I'm going to ask the librarians if they will show her how to use the computer to look up books. We are mostly familiar with the kids room so I knew where the right books were. And then I used my phone to search for what I wanted. Its nice to be able to search from almost any library within 3 counties. :agree: DD struggled to learn to read but now she loves it so she was in heaven. She's already done with her 3 books and I finished mine too. I bet we will be back a lot more often now. :lol:

I love to read while I have lunch or snack; but for the love of all that is literary... please don't leave your library book filled with crumbs!!! :barfgreen: No one wants second hand CheezeIts! :hmmm: The first book I got was gross even after shaking it out. Thankfully the second book was pristine.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a well stocked library a few miles from me and I go there about twice every week. The staff are brilliant, know my taste and put aside books they think I would like. I rarely have to look through the shelves for something to read.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last week because I had to return some books. I'm usually at the library every day during the week only because there's usually a half hour gap of time when I get off the bus and when the next bus of a different route arrives so I just go to the library for the Wi-Fii and newspapers and, in the winter, to stay warm.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A few years ago. I avoid going places as much as I can. From what I can see from the outside, our library is surprisingly pretty considering how small our town is.
One of our libraries is in a strip mall of all places. I was surprised how nice it is inside but also with how busy it was!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of our libraries is in a strip mall of all places. I was surprised how nice it is inside but also with how busy it was!
Wow! That is strange! You certainly would not expect a nice library is a strip mall!

I just looked up pictures of our library. It is prettier on the inside! If I can manage it one day, I may have to go in and have at least a small look.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will admit that it has been years since I've been to our library.He doesn't read much of anything unless it's a "bee book",so I usually scour amazon used selections for his goodies.I have a tendency to gravitate towards historical books pertaining to the area of NY where we were raised,and cookbooks...so once again...amazon.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
About 6 weeks ago, I picked up a book I had reserved at the library about the early history of the state I live in. A review said the book was lively and made the history come alive! Amazingly tedious book. 210 page book and I have had to renew it once already. But I will finish it since I am very interested in the subject.