Question Of The Day December 31 2017

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Good morning/afternoon kitty lovers! micknsnicks2mom asked me to post the Question of the Day as she's having computer issues.

Ok a two part question. Since its end of the year I figured we can have that as the subject!

On New Year's eve do you go out or stay in?

If you stay in what are you planning to watch on TV?

I stay in and get take out and today we are watching a marathon of NH Fish and Game wildlife show on Animal Planet! Then maybe a action movie!

Happy New Year's eve everyone!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
On New Year's eve do you go out or stay in?
When we were younger we used to go out, now we stay in. I may not even make it until midnight.

I stay in and get take out and today we are watching a marathon of NH Fish and Game wildlife show on Animal Planet!
North Woods Law? A new season is starting soon. :) I definitely like the NH seasons better than the Maine seasons.

I don't know what we are watching. Maybe a movie on Netflix.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
When we were younger we used to go out, now we stay in. I may not even make it until midnight.

North Woods Law? A new season is starting soon. :) I definitely like the NH seasons better than the Maine seasons.

Yes North Woods Law-interesting because so far half the locations I have never heard of.

And forgot to add that when I was more energetic in my youth a club or local gathering was the norm...now just like being at home..

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I stay in. As for staying up, I did it for the new millennium. To me, that was the "can't miss" one, so every other year I'm in bed long before midnight.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Too freezing cold to venture out tonight but will probably order in Asian food. :yummy: I'd love to catch up on missed episodes of This Is Us. However, I know DH wouldn't go for that so I'm guessing we will watch a Humphrey Bogart movie but still unsure.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

:yeah: Ditto to the above. :)

It's supposed to be overcast tonight, possibly with even a few sprinkles of rain, :vibes: so we'll snuggle in by a fire with the kitties and probably skip watching TV.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely not going out. I really do not care to go out on NYE ~~ too crazy for me.

I did pick up some snackey appetizers, for a late supper...
did this last year, but never ate them... had a regular supper... I do not know what I will do tonight.. but I will be home..

I am usually asleep when it turns midnight ~~ old fuddy duddy...however, I can hear the fireworks from the neighbors. Guess I am just feeling my age!!!

Last year, I was up, watching the ball drop, and texting with a friend down in Florida. We were both home.. not certain about this year...I was up really early today.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We almost always celebrate at home.
This year, a restaurant we'd been to for New Year's previously was offering a p/u fancy dinner if you preferred being home. I'm picking it up shortly; Waldorf Salad w/Gogonzola & Walnuts, Truffled Wild Mushroom Tortellini, Burgundy Beef Short Ribs, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Orange Scented Carrots and for dessert, a Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake.
We have a bottle of really nice champage in the fridge which we'll open too.
I'm pulling out the good china, and setting the table all pretty and that will be that.
Watching movies, just hanging out together w/the kitties and hopefully in bed right after the ball drops. Staying up until midnight is always a crap shoot for me personally. We'll see if I can make it or not!

Best for a happy 2018. I for one, am happy to see 2017 in the rear view mirror.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We started staying in several years ago. Now we watch several movies and I serve The Big Sandwich and appetizer-type foods while we zone out in front of the tv in the bedroom. We used to stay up til 2 or 3:00....I don't know how long I'll make it til I conk out. I may need to take a wee power nap this afternoon!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I don't drink, I'm staying in.
My son never saw the first 2 seasons of Lucifer, so we have been watching that. Also, I'm only on season 4 of Merlin, so I will watch some of that also.
Right now I may re-watch a Sharknado movie. They were so bad they were great.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I decided to watch something after all. I'm going to end 2017 with my favorite movie of all time, City Lights. I need both a good laugh and a good cry.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be going out to dinner and then come back and watch a marathon on Anten TV with Bob Newhart. I've been watching it all day. I will be asleep long before midnight.
I've been hanging out with Bob and the Stratford Inn crew all day too!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
We are staying in. Scott's bugging me to go fix something to eat right now. I didn't get the pork loin in the slowcooker today, will do it tomorrow. We're the watching the Newhart marathon on Antenna TV, will turn to a local station later to watch the Ball drop in NYC.
May each day of the New Year be filled with contentment, opportunities, peace and abundance. Happy New Year everyone!

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Hogmanay was suitably loud and pretty in Edinburgh as per usual! I stayed in for the bells and calmed the cats. The fireworks can be seen and heard citywide - boom, bang, wizz, zing, pop, BANG ~ oooooo, aaaaaahhhh!!!

This is not my photo but one from the news. It's not touched up in any way. Edinburgh really does look this splendid! :jump:

Eating cake the now. :jive:

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went out to dinner earlier. We will most likely watch some movies later and share some Champaigne. I am going to try to stay up until midnight but I have been up since 4:45am and it is only 7:35pm. I am going to eat the dessert I brought home from dinner earlier. We will probably turn on the fire place and snuggle with the kitties while watching movies. We stopped going out years ago and just go out for a nice dinner.