Question Of The Day December 31 2017

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I've been sick for over two weeks, and it's so brutally COLD here, so I'm staying in. I spent most of the day pre-cooking for a breakfast I am catering next weekend, and freezing it. We were going to go out to dinner, but I was late getting back from the kitchen (in my club; it's an inspected kitchen, so I cook any catering food there), and did I mention that it's COLD outside?
I just took a hot bath, and am sitting here, wrapped in an electric blanket, in front of the fire. I stole the cats' electric blanket, and I don't care. So there.

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, it's a bit chilly out and there's a frostbite warning in effect ... brrrrr! So I am staying in and drinking hot chocolate and Bailey's, and trying to finish a loom blanket strip, and keeping Quill warm and cozy. It's -18 with a windchill that drives the cold down to -28. A mere dip in the breeze for us mighty Canucks! The moon is very full. Such a gorgeous wintery night. Happy new year where ever you live!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been sick for over two weeks, and it's so brutally COLD here, so I'm staying in. I spent most of the day pre-cooking for a breakfast I am catering next weekend, and freezing it. We were going to go out to dinner, but I was late getting back from the kitchen (in my club; it's an inspected kitchen, so I cook any catering food there), and did I mention that it's COLD outside?
I just took a hot bath, and am sitting here, wrapped in an electric blanket, in front of the fire. I stole the cats' electric blanket, and I don't care. So there.
I'm sure your fur babys are happy to share their blankie with you, are they cuddling close? Its so bitter cold here Gypsy is even cuddling!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I stayed in. I got TWO New Year's Eve kisses!! One from Lilith and one from Sophie!! 2018 is going to be a great year for sure!! I have my health, my beloved DD, a job that pays my bills, a roof over my head, food to eat, NO SNOW EVER (YAY Florida!), the love of my darling furkids and all of you. What more could a girl ask for? :cloud9:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Happy New Year!

I can't recall the last time we went out on New Year's Eve; anybody with pets around here stays home due to all the fireworks. I had to be at the shelter by 7:00 a.m.,so I was in bed and reading by 9:30. If I watch anything on NYE, it's usually a rock concert (or several).

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
We old folks stay home. Too many drunks and too much road rage. And for us, it's really cold (don't you folks with negative temperatures laugh) with lows in the mid-20s and highs in the mid-30s and wind chills in the low teens.

At midnight we held money in our hands, shared a kiss and...I watched a bunch of Deadliest Catch while he napped. When I couldn't watch any more, he woke up and started watching Psych while I slept. Now he's napping and I'm awake. We're out of synch as usual but that's OK.

It's time to cook the traditional blackeyed peas and cabbage and pork chops.

This has GOT to be a better year!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i always stay in on New Years Eve. usually i watch some videos of New Years celebrations around the world, close to when they actually happen, on youtube.

this year, i was relaxing in the rocking chair near the wood stove, listening to music on the radio with my cats.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stayed at home, knew the fireworks would wake us up at midnight, and they did! Didn't last long this year, our high that day was only 6 degrees F so it was not very warm out! We did have that gorgeous super moon though!