Question Of The Day, December 14

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :yess:

It's been a long week and I'm more than ready for a weekend. It's supposed to be pretty much a rainy weekend, starting today, but a weekend is still a weekend. I'm ready!

What is something that you've been meaning to do, but just haven't gotten around to doing? Maybe you haven't had the time, maybe you just don't have the money right now, maybe you're just not in the mood. There has to be something!

With me, it's my new cookbook. I've been wanting to sit down and get it printed out and then bound, but things keep getting in the way. I don't have a lot of time right now, and it seems that when I do have an hour here or there, I'm in the kitchen working on a recipe or (considering the time of year), baking cookies. This one is my third book and it seems to be a never-ending project! Maybe I should just wait til I retire.

What about you? What do you want to do, but can't seem to get done?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
What about you? What do you want to do, but can't seem to get done?
Holiday cards - I still send them out to close friends and family who live out of town but procrastinate every year. I always plan to write them over the Thanksgiving weekend but I should know by now that never happens. :rolleyes2:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I enjoy writing short stories and it's something I have neglected over the past few months. First, it was because I didn't have the time and now, I think I just don't have any motivation. However, there is a story I am working on right now and serious about finishing to hopefully publish early next year. :blush:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I used to read a ton of books and draw. Now I seem to make excuses. Ive got to figure something out and just get off my duff and find the time. I spend way too much time watching tv...this past week I've been forcing myself to read for 30 min a day...now to get my office cleaned up and get back to drawing.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a big limb from a tree pushing down my perimeter fence. I just haven't felt like going out there with a hand saw and trying to manage this big limb back on to my side of the fence. But I need to do it before the limb ruins my fence and I have to fix that too.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, boy, the list is long. On the short list is 'Christmas' cards which always turn into 'year in review' cards. :lol:

On the long-term list is to review our wills, digitize years' worth of paper photos, and get back to weaving. I took a weaving class a year ago, loved it, started a small project... and there it sits. I'll have to take another class to remember what to do! :dunno:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleaning up my basement. I inherited tons of family history artifacts and documents, none of which had been sorted or organized in any way. I need to go through all of this and get rid of what is unimportant and save what is. My parents saved everything, so there is a lot of trash. Some of it goes back 150 years.

Then, too, my basement became a repository for everything my sons left behind, including furniture. I can't lift or carry any of it, so I need to hire someone. Luckily, I have found a company that charges by the truckload instead of by item.

After Christmas, I hope to get to it, but I've been saying that for years.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure if it officially counts but renovating my bedroom floor. I've already started the first stage - removing the carpet. It's about 75% done.

After that I am putting in hardwood flooring :thumbsup:

It's just a really slow process. You would think it would going quicker based on normal circumstances but the carpet is really old (So I am slicing at it at a time) and there is this tough bleh yellow foam underneath that I have to scrap off :doh: then sweep away the piling of yellow foam dust and wash the floor.

And I only have time to work on it about once a week. Two months in so far :lol: Oh well, it's slow but it's getting better and better anyway!

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Killing my ex-husband? :p

Oh ok, fine. Renovating my kitchen cabinets has been on the list for about two years now. We just finished a bathroom renovation in the spring and I considered doing it over the Christmas vacation but I know I'm putting it off for a few more months.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've put so much stuff off lately it's piling up and resembling a mountain. Possibly a Rocky Mountain.
This fall I wanted to clean out the storage shed, give the shop a good cleaning, and about 5 rooms could stand a good re painting. It didn't get done.
I was asked told to clean out the big, big freezer in September and I forgot. It's a big job and now it's on "The List". ("The List" is the "To Do" list that follows the "to do" list, the capitalization suggests it's more serious, and is meant to instill fear. :lol:)
We need a new floor in one simple perfectly square room and we have all the supplies. If you gave the tools to a 5 year old they could make it happen but I decided it should wait another 15 years or so to make absolutely sure we like the floor we chose. :biggrin: (Actually, I'm worried about the mess the floor makes and worried about our asthmatic cat. Even if he's locked away somewhere else I still worry, the only other option is boarding him, but he hates travel, etc.)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
get back to weaving. I took a weaving class a year ago, loved it, started a small project... and there it sits.
A teacher friend of mine recently retired and started weaving. She ordered a loom and downloaded a video. She's enjoying it immensely and even weaved a beautiful shawl for me. If you'd like I can ask her about the video.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been putting off arranging my pots and pans for way too long. I have very limited space in my apartment and I really only have one cabinet for all of my cooking stuff, so I've got various temporary shelving things, but I haven't actually done anything with them.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
20+ years of yoga classes/workshops/retreats I've written need to be gone through and the information consolidated. Every year I swear I'll do it, every year it just grows. :rolleyes2:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been putting off arranging my pots and pans for way too long. I have very limited space in my apartment and I really only have one cabinet for all of my cooking stuff, so I've got various temporary shelving things, but I haven't actually done anything with them.
This post motivated me to actually do what I was putting off doing. I rearranged my pots and pans and then also put together an over-the-door organizer for my cleaning supplies. Something new I have been putting off is finishing some of these cross stitch projects I have.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
A teacher friend of mine recently retired and started weaving. She ordered a loom and downloaded a video. She's enjoying it immensely and even weaved a beautiful shawl for me. If you'd like I can ask her about the video.
Oh, thank you, that would be nice! :rock:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So many things...I made a baby quilt "a few years ago" and even started to hand quilt....need to get it finished.Started a rag quilt...need to get it finished.The upstairs in my house...we don't use except for storage.Of what..,.who knows.I have so much canning stuff up there...don't even know what all I have....clothes I've packed away.... to say the least it needs a major overhaul.I hate going up there,and I suspect it won't be til spring at this point.It's cold up there!

tangers40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Finish unpacking from my move!

Seriously, I moved at the end of August. I still have a garage full of stuff I haven't moved inside yet.

My work schedule is all over the map, so on the rare days off I get, I am usually exhausted or busy doing chores or running errands. And with Christmas, I have even more things to get done on off days, so who knows when I will actually finish putting things away.