Question of the Day, August 3, 2022

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my favorite pics in the listing is the newel post at the bottom of the staircase. I love that architectural detail.

Have you ever seen Cheap Old Houses? The Ultimate List of Cheap Homes For Sale - Cheap Old Houses - The Ultimate List of Cheap Homes For Sale
I know! It is gorgeous!
I have not, but I will be looking at it in a moment.

We have a small-ish Craftsman bungalow that we bought for about $64,000. It needed work, but even with the work, it was amazingly cheap.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zillow Gone Wild has a Facebook page too. Very entertaining!

I have basically no sense of aesthetics. So I don't care what it looks like. But I do have preferences about floor plans. I like it open, but not too open---I'd like to be able to close off the kitchen. Lots of natural light. Big closets. Main floor laundry. I like lofts, but of course everything is about the pets and I'd be afraid the cats (or maybe even a dog) would fall/jump off. Open yard, not too much landscaping.

Is that what I have? Haha, no, of course not. I don't even have any closets :(. And the kitchen is the main part of the house.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I like mission style, arts and crafts bungalows, cottages, small beach houses. I dated someone in Ft. Lauderdale
who had an old small house on one of the canals. He had a sailboat. I loved sitting on his dock while reading. he house
came with an old Viking stove and I loved it! I also like cabins in the mountains.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I like a traditional or colonial style home. I regrew up in the midcentury, and I hated the Danish modern back then. And I've never liked the Frank Lloyd Wright style. You know he made his furniture out of unfinished plywood, didn't you?. Yuck.
I agree the Frank Lloyd Wright style is just too different for me.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the cape cod style homes there is just something so cozy and warm about the little space upstairs.