Question of the Day, August 3, 2022

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :coolcat: This question was asked several years ago but because we have new members I thought it would be fun to ask again since it applies to everyone. I love the Prairie or Mission style of Frank Lloyd Wright homes. The sleek and clean lines with architectural interiors. My husband loves Victorians, one of our daughters likes Mid-Century and the other likes Tudor style. How about you?

QUESTION OF THE DAY - WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE STYLE OF HOME?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The older 2-story home with wrap-around porch. My grandmother had that style of house and I loved it. When we built our house, that's what I wanted. But my husband was more of a modern person and we went with a bi-level.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My house is a rambler with a walk out basement. I've never liked ramblers, so it surprised even me that I decided to buy my house, but the walk out basement was one of the things that I didn't realize that I wanted in a house until I saw my house.

My favorite styles (the list might be long because I love architecture) are bungalows, Cape Cod, Craftsman, farmhouse, Victorian, Mediterranean, Tuscan, Queen Anne, mountain, and Northwest.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the old Victorians,the Craftsman style and the old southern dogtrot style with the huge porch and front to back hallway.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have Instagram? I follow a couple of accounts that post interesting houses that you might like. The ones I follow are CircaHouses and ZillowGoneWild.
No. I have considered getting one but never have.The site associated with the link is wonderful for wishing!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have Instagram? I follow a couple of accounts that post interesting houses that you might like. The ones I follow are CircaHouses and ZillowGoneWild.
Love ZillowGoneWild! For those that don’t have instagram, this account shows the strangest houses that have been posted on Zillow.com. Very odd and very entertaining.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pacific Northwest.

But really I love basically everything except modern. I own books of floor plans and home design software. My degree is in Architectural Engineering: Interior Design. I needed more to really do anything with it; so now I tell people that I know enough to say that I don’t know enough. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Those old country/ranch style homes.

I lived in a Victorian Home when I was younger. It was beautiful, but I never got super attached to the style.